Review Class

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Review Class

by rjbrooks » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:32 am
Hey guys, I 'm wondering if I should take a review class for the GMAT through my school. Would it be worth the time and money, or would I do okay studying on my own? Anyone have similar experiences?

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:15 members

by VP_Jim » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:14 am
Can you provide more information about your background? Have you taken a practice test? How did you do? How long has it been since you've taken a math class?

My opinion is that prep classes can only help you - you won't do worse because you took a prep class vs. studied on your own.
Jim S. | GMAT Instructor | Veritas Prep

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by rjbrooks » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:42 am
I haven't taken a math class in a long time. I'm afraid I would score poorly if I took the test now. Though I have an aptitude for math, I would feel more confortably with the verbal now. I'm studying now for the GMAT and plan on taking the test in December.

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:15 members

by VP_Jim » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:58 pm
I think you just answered your own question. If it's been awhile since you've taken math, and if your confidence is low, take the prep class! You'll get a good review of all the basics you'll need to know for the GMAT.

Good luck!
Jim S. | GMAT Instructor | Veritas Prep

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:355 members
GMAT Score:780

by Ian Stewart » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:29 pm
If you're going to pay for a course (and they're often very expensive), I'd always recommend getting a preview in advance- either meet the teacher beforehand or sit in on part of a class. You'll know quickly whether you can learn from the teacher. That said, if you have a good teacher, you can make rapid progress- classes or private tuition can be very valuable.
For online GMAT math tutoring, or to buy my higher-level Quant books and problem sets, contact me at ianstewartgmat at gmail.com

ianstewartgmat.com