RC-3

This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:5 members

RC-3

by pradeepkaushal9518 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:07 am
Question #3 (correct)

In 1943, General Motors offered management theorist Peter Drucker the opportunity to study its politics and structure from the inside. Drucker was treated as a company employee; he was paid a full salary and granted unrestricted access to the company's resources. Three years later, Drucker published The Concept of the Corporation, which fellow management experts consider to be the handbook for successful corporation management. This work was unprecedented in its focus on the inner workings of a successful corporation from the vantage point of an insider. It portrayed General Motors as a pioneer of modern management and an example of a successful corporation with an extremely effective infrastructure and business model.

The Concept of the Corporation also acts as a treatise on social issues in the workplace, postulating that the corporation should be viewed as a human community and not simply a profit-generating machine. Drucker identifies the ideal business manager as one committed to professional rather than personal goals, acting not only in the interest of the corporation but also of society at large. Like doctors, lawyers, and other professionals, the manager must operate at an elevated level of adroitness and intelligence. The crux of a corporation's profitability lies in treating workers as valuable assets rather than as dispensable liabilities. According to Drucker, decentralization of power is essential to achieve this end and would make a corporation such as General Motors even more successful. Therefore, Drucker also advocates for granting workers greater control over factory life, guaranteed wages, and financial stakes in their companies.

The author's primary purpose is to

(A) disprove a controversial theory

(B) criticize a new school of thought

(C) qualify the findings of a research study

(D) describe an influential work

(E) evaluate a common practice
A SMALL TOWN GUY

Community Manager
Followed by:24 members

by shovan85 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:57 am
IMO D

No mention of Controversy, There is no criticize, Nothing mentioned about any sort of research, Its not a common practice.
Clearly Ducker has done something completely different for GM.

And what he has mentioned is really influential. Could be a Emotion driven answer but I think this one is the best.
If the problem is Easy Respect it, if the problem is tough Attack it

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by Shawshank » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:57 am
Confused between C and D

IMO -- C
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Shawshank Redemtion -- Hope is still alive ...

Legendary Member
Followed by:5 members

by pradeepkaushal9518 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:06 am
oa is E but i hv choosen D
A SMALL TOWN GUY

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by Shawshank » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:21 am
pradeepkaushal9518 wrote:oa is E but i hv choosen D
D can be the answer but E does not seem to be close..
Whats the source... What is the reason stated for E to be the answer
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Shawshank Redemtion -- Hope is still alive ...

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

by vikram4689 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:22 pm
I was confused b/w C & D, then i chose C. OA mentioned is E which does not seem to be correct. Experts can you please confirm the answer and whether my strategy(below) is correct.

I think the subtle difference b/w C & D is that qualify means "to add info to express your feelings". So if the author had not expressed any of his feelings towards the study i would have chosen D but since author has expressed his feelings i should choose C.
Premise: If you like my post
Conclusion : Press the Thanks Button ;)

Legendary Member
Followed by:43 members
GMAT Score:640

by GmatKiss » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:31 am
IMO:D

Experts please help! Why is D wrong?

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by mukgera » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:06 am
IMO : D
All the other options doesn't seem close.
Experts please comment.