Ques : What would you contribute to the school community..??

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members
What kind of answers do the schools look for in the following question. Are they looking at contributions during your MBA or post MBA or both.?

"What would you contribute to the school community..??"

Thx.

Legendary Member
Followed by:90 members

by Tani » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:07 pm
Ask yourself how the school would be better with you there than without you. What would you do in the classroom and out that would enhance the experiences of your classmates? I would focus on contributions during your education, but if you are in a position to function after graduation as an ambassador for the school to a country or area where the school currently has a low profile you can certainly mention that. Richard Montauk's book "How to Get Into the Top MBA Programs" always has excellent examples of successful essays on almost any topic asked in B-school applications. That can be a good place to start generating ideas.
Tani Wolff

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by ECLS » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:44 pm
Tani Wolff - Kaplan wrote:Ask yourself how the school would be better with you there than without you. What would you do in the classroom and out that would enhance the experiences of your classmates? I would focus on contributions during your education, but if you are in a position to function after graduation as an ambassador for the school to a country or area where the school currently has a low profile you can certainly mention that. Richard Montauk's book "How to Get Into the Top MBA Programs" always has excellent examples of successful essays on almost any topic asked in B-school applications. That can be a good place to start generating ideas.
Thanks Tani.

I was also thinking on these two tracks. 1) My diverse experience will help the class and 2) The program which I am targeting is not very well known in my country.

So your post will really help me to build the foundation of this essay.

Legendary Member
Followed by:90 members

by Tani » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:56 pm
Sounds good.

Experience is always key and being able to take information about the program back to your country is helpful.
Tani Wolff