Profile Evaluation

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Profile Evaluation

by sid_86 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:05 am
hello,
I would like to get my profile evaluated.Please give me a rough idea about b schools in India,USA, Singapore, Europe which are best suited for me considering my profile.Best possible schools in which my chances are gud enough to get into.Also i would like to get an idea about various improvements which can be made over the next few months till the b school application process starts.

Stats
GMAT score 710,v-35,Q-50
X-86%
XII-62%
grad-58%(B.Sc. Hons. Maths & Computers,Punjab Univ.)
After graduation i hav been working in my family business for the past 8 yrs.Basically our business involves trading and fabrication of iron sheets.
as far as extra activities are concerned i use to take part in various kinds of co curricular activities in my school days.but in recent times i hav less to offer.

Also i would appreciate suggestions on extra activities which i can add to my profile in the next few months,activities which can help me in improving my prospects of getting into better colleges than possible with my current profile.well i would like to get into top 50 colleges and may be in top colleges like ISB H,HEC PARIS,Columbia business school .
regards
sidharth

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:5 members

by mcbMcK » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:51 am
A few thoughts/questions on your profile Sidharth:
  1. There are quite a few things that we'll need to give a better answer here. For instance 'your' contribution to the family business and achievements therein. Post-MBA plans. Kind of functions/roles you have performed etc. These are critical to evaluate the profile's relative strength
  2. Top 50 includes a LOT of schools so should definitely be possible. For reasons mentioned here, I will refrain from providing gut-based insights on your school list. Purely basis the objective data here, I don't see why you shouldn't have a decent shot at at least some of them.
  3. If your BSc was a 3 year course, you may find the article here worth a look.
Hope this helps.
MG (Manish Gupta)|The MBA Crystal Ball Team

Email: mcb at mbacrystalball dot com