Profile Evaluation : Male/IT/Trader

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation : Male/IT/Trader

by itsamit » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:51 pm
Dear All,

I want to evaluate my profile for top 25 B-schools.

Name: Amit Kumar
Nationality:Indian
Graduate %age: 67(Computers)
Work Ex.: 3 years as Software Engineer (Big MNC) (2 years Client Place)
GMAT:770(First Attempt)
International Work Ex.: Nil

Apart from Computers i am part time trader, i like to developing strategy for stock market using Technical analysis.

I have a website related to TECHNICAL ANALYSIS AND STRATEGY for Stock Market, which has significance hits every day.

I am helping new traders who want to come into market and give free tips, and maintain calls and portfolio.(BUT DONT HAVE ANY {REGISTERED} COMPANY)

My portfolio is having return more then 40% .

Volunteering ex. in NGO's

I want to pursue MBA in Strategy.

Please help me...regarding what points i can add to build my profile more stronger.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:9 members

by mbaMissionJessica » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:01 pm
Hi Itsamit - thank you for your inquiry and I apologize for taking a while to get back to you.

You do have some strengths to your profile, namely a stellar GMAT score, a side business in trading that gives you opportunities to write about more than just your primary role as a software engineer, and some volunteer work helping other traders (even without having a formal company, this kind of work can be a good source of topics for essays.)

Areas you can strengthen: you are from a very overrepresented demographic and it will be important to differentiate yourself (please see our blog post "overrepresenting your overrepresentation" at www.mbamission.com/blog). Focus on the human interactions of your experiences, not just the software or technical aspects. I also do not from what you wrote have a clear sense of your accomplishments, either at work or in your NGOs. Without understanding what kind of leadership you have demonstrated (e.g. showing initiative, driving results, taking risks, etc.) it's hard for me to understand just how strong or weak your profile is. So my biggest advice to you is to move beyond the "what" - instead of thinking just about the title or actions, think about the "results" of what you have achieved. That is where your leadership strengths can really start to shine.

Best of luck,

Jessica Shklar
Senior Consultat
Jessica Shklar
Senior Consultant
mbaMission (www.mbamission.com)
646-485-8844

Sign up for a free consultation with mbaMission, the only admissions consulting firm that leading GMAT prep companies, ManhattanGMAT and Kaplan, recommend.
www.mbamission.com/consult.php