Profile Evaluation ( Ex 9+, GMAT 700) , School suggestion

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
This is my First post on this Forum though I have benefited a lot by going through posts on beat the GMAT.
I appeared for GMAT last week after a month preparation and scored a decent 700 ( QA-50, VA -35, IR-7 AWA-5) though lower than my expectation in VA.I think I can better this score by 20-30 points.I have a below avg kind of profile. Belongs to already over represented typical Indian IT male profile, have average acads, not much extra curricular, 9 years of IT experience in Database Administration.
Age -30
Education:
Btech Mechanical - 74%
10th and 12th - 63% (State Board in 1999/2001, though this percent will be in 99 percentile in those years,top 3 in school , But I fear percentage still looks pretty bad on the face of it)
I would like to my post MBA career in IT Management/Strategy/consulting etc.
Do I stand a chance in top 30 MBA programs? what can I do to build my profile at this stage.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:48 am
if you think you can improve your GMAT by 30 points, that may help a lot, especially with your concern for your academic profile. Other than that, strong essays, tieing your post MBA goals to the school, and the work experience to date. For top 30 schools you should be competitive. cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/