Profile Evaluation/ Asian Candidate

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Profile Evaluation/ Asian Candidate

by Jai_itguys » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:20 pm
Hi Experts

Let me start with a bouquet of thanks to all of you for being a guiding light for candidates like me. I would be greatful if you can let me know your views on my profile.

Profile Information:
Nationality: Indian
GMAT: 730 (Q50/V40/AWA 5.5)
Education: Bachelor of Technology in 2003
Institute: Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University - A premier Grade Institute in India, part of IIT clan.
Work Experience:
  • A total of 8 Years of experience into IT solutions with some of the best brand names (Computer Sciences corporation, Infosys)
    3 Years as a project leader
    1 Year (Total) of International experience in 3 countries: US, UK, Germany
Constraints:
  • 1 Year MBA only
    Scholarship/Financial assistance if possible
Target Schools:
  • ISB Hyderabad
    London Business School
    Insead
    University of Oxford: Saïd
    HEC Paris
Your views are much appreciated. Thanks in advance

by Jai_itguys » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:33 pm
No one for my rescue :( . Please advice

Legendary Member
Followed by:90 members

by Tani » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:34 am
Hello,

Your credentials are solid, but unfortunately not unique. As I am sure you are aware, there are many thousands of seasoned, talented technical people out of South Asia applying to top business schools every year - many more than those schools can accept. Your need for scholarship money and your desire for a one-year program will also limit your opportunities.

You look to be capable of handling the work and benefiting from the programs you cite. You will need to build a strong, persuasive story and include outstanding references to break through the clutter. If you are determined to go next year, you may want to expand your list to include a few "safety schools".

Good luck,
Tani Wolff

by Jai_itguys » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:43 pm
Thanks a ton for your advice. I'll definitely keep that in mind.
Tani Wolff - Kaplan wrote:Hello,

Your credentials are solid, but unfortunately not unique. As I am sure you are aware, there are many thousands of seasoned, talented technical people out of South Asia applying to top business schools every year - many more than those schools can accept. Your need for scholarship money and your desire for a one-year program will also limit your opportunities.

You look to be capable of handling the work and benefiting from the programs you cite. You will need to build a strong, persuasive story and include outstanding references to break through the clutter. If you are determined to go next year, you may want to expand your list to include a few "safety schools".

Good luck,