Manhattan Products designed for 700+ levels

Ask your questions about Manhattan Prep products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Hi,

I am taking GMAT exam in the last week of October.

Further, I am presently scoring between 670 and 700 on the GMATPrep exams. I feel to cross the 700 barrier, I need to practice more on the hard level questions in the quantitative as well as verbal section.

Please advice me about Manhattan products specifically designed to include challenging problems/ concepts.

Thanks in advance,s and Regards,

Kshitij

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members

by michael.dinerstein » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:44 am
Hi kshitij_ipu,

In order to provide you with more guidance, I would just have to ask you a few questions about your prep to this point.

1. When you say you're scoring between 670 - 700 on the exam, are you referring to a real GMAT score or specific practice tests? If you are referring to practice tests, what were you two most recent scores (include verbal and quant subscores) and which company produced your specific exam?

2. What have you used to study up until this point? Have you focused more on quant or verbal or have kept it pretty even?

3. Do you know which particular verbal subsection you need the most help on?

Instinctively, I would say to take a look at the Sentence Correction Guide because it contains lessons on many grammatical principles that will be useful on all verbal portions of the test.

In any case, just let me know the answers to the above questions and I'll be able to make better suggestions regarding what materials would be most useful to your studies.

Best,
Michael Dinerstein
Manager of Online Marketing
Manhattan GMAT
212-721-7400
800-576-4628

by kshitij_ipu » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:21 am
Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply.

Please find enlisted the responses:

1. When you say you're scoring between 670 - 700 on the exam, are you referring to a real GMAT score or specific practice tests? If you are referring to practice tests, what were you two most recent scores (include verbal and quant subscores) and which company produced your specific exam?

Re: I am referring to the GMATPreps (the official tests one can download from mba.com after registering for the GMAT exam). Moreover, please find below the scores:

GMAT Prep 1 (670) - Q.48 V.35
GMAT Prep 2 (700) - Q.49 V.36

2. What have you used to study up until this point? Have you focused more on quant or verbal or have kept it pretty even?

and

3. . Do you know which particular verbal subsection you need the most help on?

Re: I have referred to the following resources judicially:

1. OG11 (Solved the whole book once, and the verbal section twice)
2. Kaplan GMAT 2006-2007
3. Kaplan 800

Initially, I focussed a lot on improving my verbal score. I believe scoring 35 and 36 in the two GMAT Preps is a satisfactory achievement. However, I would like to improve my verbal scores to 40+ levels. The problem areas in Verbal section are as follows:

1. Reading Comprehension on dense passages related to history/ sociology etc.
2. Sentence Correction - Specifically, hard level problems encountered at 700 + levels

Important: Lately I have realized that I need to improve on my quant score to 50. Problem areas:

1. Hard problems (700+) levels
2. Data Sufficiency (A major area of concern)

Looking forward on your suggestion. I have my exam scheduled on 26th October and I am targeting 730 + scores.

Moreover, I have few specific queries related to the Mahattan prep material:

1. Manhattan SC: Does the Manhattan SC (priced at $ 26) comes with 6 MGMATs?

2. I would like to know more about Challenge Problem Archive - 1 Year Access. In your opinion how comprehensive and difficult are the problems enlisted in the product?

3. I reside in New Delhi, India. Therefore, please let me know whether MGMAT products are available in India?

Thanks and Regards,
Kshitij

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members

by michael.dinerstein » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:42 pm
Hi kshitij_ipu,

Your scores on the most recent GMAT practice tests are most likely within the range of what you would achieve on a real exam - GMATPrep is very accurate.

With that said, I think it's time to try out ManhattanGMAT's Sentence Correction and Reading Comprehension guides if you are having particular difficulty in these sections. This will provide you with a better foundation that you can use to perform better on these sections of the exam. As for quant, I would recommend looking into ManhattanGMAT's Data Sufficiency Workshop. In this workshop, you will be able to learn advanced techniques that will help you save time on data sufficiency problems, thereby allowing you to use more time to tackle more difficult problems.

Now, onto your other questions that you posted:

1. The Sentence Correction Guide comes with 6 ManhattanGMAT CAT Exams as a complimentary resource. Additionally, it comes with a Sentence Correction Question Bank as well. Keep in mind, though, getting the Reading Comprehension book does not entitle you to ANOTHER 6 exams - six is the maximum number we can provide to anyone who uses our practice tests due to the size of our question pool.

2. The Challenge Problem Archive contains some VERY difficult questions - many of which are 750+. in difficulty. I think that your time would be better spent enrolled in the Data Sufficiency Workshop because you'll have proper guidance from an Instructor - answering these challenging questions without the aid of someone who knows how to decode what they are saying might not result in knowledge growth.

3. ManhattanGMAT Products are available at the following locations in India. Of course, you can always buy the guides at our Online Store or from www.amazon.com or www.bn.com.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Michael Dinerstein
Manager of Online Marketing
Manhattan GMAT
212-721-7400
800-576-4628

by kshitij_ipu » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:18 am
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the post.

Regards,