Profile Evaluation

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation

by Priyanka Singal » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:55 am
Hi, I am Priyanka Singhal. I took GMAT twice : GMAT 1 score - 670 (V-29, Q-50, IR-7, AWA-6) and GMAT 2 score - 720 (V-38,Q-50,IR-1,AWA-5.5)

10th : 83%
12th : 86%
B.Tech in Computers from NIT Kurukshetra with cgpa 9.5/10.
I have a work ex of 3 yrs in CDOT (A semi-psu organization) as a Research Engineer.

I am planning to apply in ISB, NUS, Fuqua. I got low IR score in GMAT 2 and I dont know if the score is going to affect my applications.

I want to know if I should take GMAT again or start applying with this score. Also which other business schools should I target for?

Legendary Member
Followed by:10 members

by GyanOne » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:41 am
Priyanka Singal wrote:Hi, I am Priyanka Singhal. I took GMAT twice : GMAT 1 score - 670 (V-29, Q-50, IR-7, AWA-6) and GMAT 2 score - 720 (V-38,Q-50,IR-1,AWA-5.5)

I have a work ex of 3 yrs in CDOT (A semi-psu organization) as a Research Engineer.

I am planning to apply in ISB, NUS, Fuqua. I got low IR score in GMAT 2 and I dont know if the score is going to affect my applications.

I want to know if I should take GMAT again or start applying with this score. Also which other business schools should I target for?
Hi Priyanka

- Your GMAT score is good, and given that your Q score is pretty strong as well, the IR should be sumountable.
- Fuqua may not be a great choice given your overall profile. ISB and NUS are decent options.
- Nanyang, SMU may be good options to look at in addition. In the US, Cornell, Emory, KF, Darden may be worth a look. Cannot comment for sure unless we have your in-depth profile available for an evaluation.

Overall, would urge you to decide and then begin soon with your apps as the R1 deadlines are not far away now.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members

by Edison@VeritasPrep » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:44 am
Thanks for sharing.

The decision to retake or not would also depend on the likelihood of doing better but your current score is good enough to apply. Focus on showing the unique contributions you can bring and your fit with the target program. This will help differentiate you from similarly qualified applicants.

All the best!
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who's right for you. Meet our team!
Register for a free MBA Admissions Workshop!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Donna@Stratus » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:25 am
Priyanka Singal wrote:Hi, I am Priyanka Singhal. I took GMAT twice : GMAT 1 score - 670 (V-29, Q-50, IR-7, AWA-6) and GMAT 2 score - 720 (V-38,Q-50,IR-1,AWA-5.5)

Hi! I think that the IR score matters less than overall score- but good to send both so they can see that higher IR score. I think that for ISB and NU this could be fine- for Fuqua it is a bit on the bubble but depending on the strength of the overall application you could still have favorable results.