Strange mail from EGMAT

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members

Strange mail from EGMAT

by hss_0505 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:59 pm
Hi guys,

I enrolled for EGMAT online course on 8th October 2015, so considering 6 months validity it must expire on April 8th and it was expiring on that same date.

But suddenly today I received a mail from EGmat saying that my subscription is expiring on 12th Jan i.e. today itself. it also mentions that as I have completed my exam and so if I want to extend my subscription then I must mail them my exam details.

Doesn't EGmat come with a standard 6 months validity? If yes then how come they reduced my subscription based on my exam details?

Does anybody here experienced similar thing?

Also I would like to mention that I did mail them asking for an extension but as EGMAT normally takes 10 days to reply to student queries so I don't expect any answeres from them soon.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:26 am
Hi hss_0505,

This sounds like a question of 'company policy', so I'm not sure if anyone here can answer these questions for you. Egmat doesn't have a dedicated sub-Forum on this website, but you might be able to find one on other websites. Is it really true that the company takes 10 days to respond to emails? Are you sure that you're reaching out with the proper email address?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by hss_0505 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:24 pm
Hey Rich,

I am sure by the time you will read this reply my EGmat VO subscription would have been short closed even with two months of subscription was still left and I told you they don't reply that quickly and thus I am still to get an answer to my reverted mail to egmat !!

Yes Rich, EGmat has substandard student support service. It actually takes minimum of 6 to 7 days to reply to your queries and the reply which one receives is also not quite helpful. It seems some random guys manages its support service.

I recall an incident wherein it took me two reminders and 8 days to get a strategy mail reply from EGMAT & of course the reply was as usual below par.

One thing I surely would like to mention here is that once you enroll for its verbal online course, then the co founders are virtually out of bounds for you. You will only get computerized replies from them and if student mails to one of the co founders mail ID then the reply takes even more time to get reverted and also the reply will be from the same guy who manages the support service. So irrespective of how many times the co founder shouts during his free webinar to mail him in case of any query he actually means "mail him in case of subscription/ monetary queries" and once you subscribe its a bye- bye from him & you will never be able to contact him or expect any guidance from him.

I actually realized this shortcomings after enrolling for Magoosh, its student support service Wowed me!!

Rich, lastly I would like to thank you for the selfless help you provide to students on such forums & no doubt you are the most active & thanked expert on forums.