EMBA without GMAT

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members

EMBA without GMAT

by devilzsoul » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:45 pm
Hello,

A bit about me, I am 37 years old. I have Masters in IT, Bachelors in Comp Sci. Been working for almost 17 years in Telecommunication, Tech and Management Consulting industries - during this time, I have contributed individually, managed projects as large as 160 Million USD, created use case studies and have pitched business and ideas to some of the most powerful business executives. I have been contributing to many Non Profits and also volunteering individually as well.

I recently have started looking into MBA and have found that EMBA is probably my best bet.

The issue at hand is that I am working anywhere between 80-100 hours and with that sort of working hours. I am finding it hard to do GMAT. I took a prep test without studying and scored 540 - but I am sure that scoring anything beyond 700+ will take a lot of effort, and I don't have enough time to do so.

So I am considering EMBA programs in USA or Outside USA that has very good ranking but don't ask for GMAT as a pre-requisite. I was hoping to get your feedback on the following questions

1 - What are the top EMBA programs without GMAT. Where can I get the list
2 - Is it a good idea to meet the admission office 1 on 1 and present my case
3 - What should I focus on to strengthen my application if I am not able to get my GMAT prep on the track.
4- Any other advice that you can provide will be helpful

Regards

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Michael@VeritasPrep » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:58 am
You sound like a great fit for a EMBA. However, taking the GMAT without any kind of prep and scoring so low is not surprising. I would recommend you put in a few months of studying and see how you are doing. Sure, some schools don't require a GMAT, but they are typically lower ranked and you could get into a much better school with even a marginal GMAT score. You could also look at taking the GRE.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Michael@VeritasPrep » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:00 pm
Additionally, to answer your other questions..yes, you should definitely try to meet with the admissions office for a EMBA. It will also give you the chance to get on campus and check out where you will be spending so much time. I think you should really focus on the impact you've made and the leadership opportunities you've had. They are very important for top EMBA programs since you are coming in with more experience.