Disappointing 620 (Q42V34) Where Could I go?

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Disappointing 620 (Q42V34) Where Could I go?

by yearzack » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:52 pm
So I took the GMAT for the first time today and received a very disappointing 620. This is quite disappointing in that I had been scoring higher on my previous CAT exams. I had the test at 8am so decided to try get to bed early and ended up getting less than 4 hours of sleep Crying or Very sad. I understand the importance of sleep and could feel myself making simple mistakes on the test. I felt as if I prepared for the exam but not necessarily for the actual test day (If that makes any sense). I am definitely going to be taking the exam again, just curious as to see some thoughts as to where I could get into with my first attempt. I am 24 year old White male, first person in the family to graduate from college. Active Duty Marine officer with over 6 years experience. GPA 3.54 in Economics from a state school in California ( was completed in two years while on active duty).

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by bbednar » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:37 am
yearzack wrote:So I took the GMAT for the first time today and received a very disappointing 620. This is quite disappointing in that I had been scoring higher on my previous CAT exams. I had the test at 8am so decided to try get to bed early and ended up getting less than 4 hours of sleep Crying or Very sad. I understand the importance of sleep and could feel myself making simple mistakes on the test. I felt as if I prepared for the exam but not necessarily for the actual test day (If that makes any sense). I am definitely going to be taking the exam again, just curious as to see some thoughts as to where I could get into with my first attempt. I am 24 year old White male, first person in the family to graduate from college. Active Duty Marine officer with over 6 years experience. GPA 3.54 in Economics from a state school in California ( was completed in two years while on active duty).
check out Purdue's Krannert school. Its a highly ranked program with an average GMAT of around 617-630

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Michael@VeritasPrep » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:22 pm
It's not the end of the world! It sounds like you have a great profile otherwise. Why not retake the test? Even bumping up your score by 30-50 points would open up a world of opportunities. People have bad days. Buckle down and study even harder, learn from your mistakes and try again. It sounds like you might not be a morning test taker so just do it again please.