19 year old's profile. Profile Evaluation for LBS/LSE MiM!

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Request for profile evaluation

I'm 19 year old from India. I will turn 20 in a couple of months. I'm a student of last year of bachelor's of commerce from Gujarat, India.

Results:
SSC (Grade 10) : 89.57%
HSC (Grade 12) : 81.71%
F.Y.B.Com. (Grade 13) : 60%
S.Y.B.Com. (Grade 14) : 69%

I've gained a diploma in financial planning and wealth management from Knowledge Academy, Gujarat, India. Along with that I've given my Certified Financial Planner exam as well. CFP exam comprises of 5 semesters and grades in each semester are as follows:

Advanced Financial Planning: A (this is the final semester)
Investment Planning: B
Taxation Planning: B
Retirement Planning and Employee Benefits: B
Risk Analysis and Insurance Planning: C

The Financial Planning Standards Board India has congratulated me on becoming the youngest person to have cleared the complete CFP Certification education program within Indian territories. This news has been covered by national press as well.

National Stock Exchange of India conducts several examinations in the field of finance and the results of the exams I've appeared for are as follows:

Commodities Market Module - 93.75%
Derivatives Market (Dealers) - 83.75%
AMFI- Mutual Fund (Advisor's Module) - 71.25%
Capital Market Dealers Module - 68.75%
FIMMDA NSE Debt Market - 64.75%

I've done internship with ICICI Prudential Asset Management for 6 weeks and completed a report on mutual fund industry.
I've given outstanding performance in French Language Course held at AMA. In all, I have learnt 5 languages.
Significant amount of volunteer work.
I've represented my college in inter-college events and won several titles in the area of dance.

IELTS: 7.5
GMAT: 640

What chances do I stand ? Should I apply in round 2? Or should I wait till march and reappear for GMAT and apply in round 4? A seat in LBS MiM class has been a dream for me since ever.

Please any inputs will be helpful.

Legendary Member
Followed by:90 members

by Tani » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:27 pm
You have many strong point for your application, including your CFP. Your GMAT score is somewhat low, but still well within the middle 80% of accepted students. I suggest going to their website and getting in touch with current students. They may be able to give you advice on the best approach.

I would think twice about waiting for round 4. Even though they have 5 rounds, they will certainly have filled many slots by the time they get to round 4. If you plan to retake the GMAT, you should do so in time to make round 3, if possible.
Tani Wolff

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by charmimehta » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:38 am
Thanks a lot for a detailed answer. I dropped the idea of retaking the GMAT. Round 3 will be my target.

Legendary Member
Followed by:90 members

by Tani » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:25 am
A wise move. The MiM looks like a great program and you should have a solid chance of admittance.

Good luck,
Tani Wolff

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:5 members
GMAT Score:690

by Abhyank » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:48 pm
Really late reply, but i hope it helps future readers :)

You have a decent academic scores, so that should not be a problem when applying.

The extra certificates of CFP would be a great addition. Plus the achievement of being the youngest member to complete the certification is a great differentiating point.

Internships would help of course, especially the skills that you gained from it.
Language proficiency would help, especially if you apply to european schools.

Volunteering work is really valued by schools so that grants you some leverage.

The only weaknesses i can see are a low GMAT score( LBS has a median of around 710) and an average extra curricular background ( here it would be a good idea to involve yourself in more activities and make sure to highlight the leadership and team work skills you have developed)

I would urge you to take the Profile evaluation at https://www.mim-essay.com/mim-profile-evaluation-.html
to get a more comprehensive review.

Hope the answer helped.
Abhyank Srinet
Founder and Head Consultant at MiM-Essay.com

97% Success Rate| 7000+ Admits in Top Schools| 10 Million Euros in Scholarships

Want to 3X your chances of selection? Book a consulting call here:
https://www.mim-essay.com/book-an-appoi ... rm/?btgmat

Legendary Member
Followed by:10 members
Here is some Expert Application advice for LBS MiM Applicants.

LBS MiM applications can be challenging! That, at least, is no secret. Every year, London Business School chooses a very selective cohort of achievers to be part of its Master in Management (MiM) program. While most applicants are aware that strong GMAT scores (the LBS MiM currently has an average of 683), excellent essays, and noteworthy academics are important to be able to get admission to LBS, what many applicants do not understand is how to use their own strengths and skills in the application.

One of the critical mistakes that many applicants make is that of not understanding the essay questions and what the school is looking for before attempting to answer them. The LBS MiM essay questions focus on the applicant's career goals, and how he or she brings in relevant skills in order to achieve those goals. Similarly, LBS looks for evidence that the candidate can excel in a team environment. The LBS Master in Management class is made up of students from more than 50 countries, so this ability is critical to succeed in the program. Finally, LBS looks for evidence that the applicant will be able to contribute meaningfully on campus.

LBS MiM Applications : Not Just About the Essays
While LBS MiM applications do have the essays as a core component, there are other elements beyond this that are critical too. The resume is an excellent example. It is not meant to be simply another restatement of your career progress so far, but a unique opportunity to summarize your skills, experiences, and achievements. Many a time, the admissions committee reviewer (or your interviewer at the later interview stage) will look at your resume first in order to understand your profile better. For this reason, the resume needs to be brief (the LBS resume format is pretty specific), yet impactful and complete. It can also include details that could not be covered in your essays, but are important to your profile (example: certifications completed or awards won). LBS MiM Applications