Fordham or Hofstra

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Fordham or Hofstra

by mutluuzumcu » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:57 pm
I appeciate all advises anybody can give me, because I am not able to decide between two schools. My situation is :

I am accepted to both Fordham and Hofstra Full Time Mba programs. I am also offered scholarship rougly %40 from Hofstra.
Fordham will cost 50K more than Hofstra,
I have 4 years work experience as an engineer in Consumer Products industry . I am pursuing a career in Marketing upon graduation and would like to work in a consumer products company around New York.

Again I Appreciate greatly any thoughts and any other factors that I need to consider,

Thanks

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:720

by Admit1MBA » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:00 am
Hi there,
Congrats on both offers! this is a great situation to be in. You have to look at the following factors in order to make a decision:
1. Starting salary after graduation from both schools
2. Top recruiting companies at each school
3. Overall placement data for the school - how many people found jobs and how long it took them
4. Size and power of the network of each school

The best way to make a decision is to talk with students and alumni in each program and see what they say about career services, and their ability to network and leverage their experience. You also have to take the location into consideration - if you'll be in Fordham you will be in the city every day, making life easier in terms of networking.
I think that in the NYC area Fordham might have a better branding, also because of its prestigious law school. You need to figure out if the starting salary post Fordham (and the overall network) will be able to compensate for the higher tuition costs.

Best,
Yael, Admit1MBA
www.admit1mba.com

If you find my post helpful, please let me know by pushing the thank button.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Michael@VeritasPrep » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:38 pm
In general I think Fordham has the better reputation. However, I would really focus on which companies recruit from either school and which ones you want to work at afterwards. Since they are regional schools, the strength of the recruiting will be all local companies so make sure their is a match there.
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who's right for you. Meet our team!
Register for a free MBA Admissions Workshop!