application fee waiver from tepper

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

application fee waiver from tepper

by shayan18 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:22 am
I just submitted my application to Tepper for full time mba but it did not asked for application fee. and in the voucher it is written that I got fee waiver. Why is that? Is there a problem with my application? Or maybe it is because of GMAT score or something else?

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by tinarey12 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:30 am
Be happy :) you got a discount...
But if it bothers you, contact the school and ask, make sure they got your application.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by nandita115 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:05 pm
hey,
Same here. Got a fee waiver. Did the admissions team get back to you?

Regards,
Nandita

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by manyaabroadtpr » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:10 am
Hi Shayan18,

It is just an application fee waiver wherein the school waives off your application fee owing to various things. For e.g. if you attended an event organized by them, or a tour where the school participated etc. In this case you have a voucher. In simple words you can equate it to a discount card that's all.Tt has nothing to do with the eligibility of your application.

Hope this helps.Let us know if you would have any further queries and we would be happy to help.
www.manyagroup.com

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Michael@VeritasPrep » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:12 pm
It's not uncommon for schools to do that in an attempt to get either desirable candidates or people from certain backgrounds to apply. Don't worry you didn't do anything wrong. However I suppose you could donate the application fee to your favorite charity in Tepper's name! That would certainly make an impression if you dropped that in an interview. Good luck and don't look a gift horse in the mouth!