Profile evaluation request- gmat 670 - booth part time

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hello experts,

Just took my GMAT today. Got a score of 670 (Q47,V35). Can you please tell me what are my chances of getting into weekend MBA at booth with this score, or should I retake the exam to get to that magical figure of 700 ?

My profile:

-Master's in Mechanical Engg. from Ohio State University, GPA 3.88, full scholarship
-5 years of experience as a structural engineer
-GRE score of 1460 out 1600 (exam was taken in the year 2009) : 800/800 in Quant and 660/800 in verbal
-Undergrad from an Indian college, GPA: 4.2 out 5
-Volunteering experience at Engineers without borders, and local Professional Engineering Chapter
- professional Engineering certification

Thanks alot for your help.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member
Followed by:52 members

by CriticalSquareMBA » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:04 am
You don't HAVE to retake that GMAT - you have a lot of other solid things in your profile. But a higher score couldn't hurt :). So if you have time and you think you can bump it up, go for it! Otherwise, just focus on communicating why you need this MBA!

Bhavik
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:31 members
GMAT Score:620

by Kaneisha Grayson » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:17 pm
I'm with CriticalSquare in that you don't absolutely have to retake the GMAT and that it may now be time to focus on your essays. I am consistently astounded by how much applicants focus on their GMAT only to severely neglect their essays or not leave themselves enough time to write several drafts of their essays and get feedback. You still have a good amount of time. Use it wisely, my friend!

Best wishes!
Kaneisha
Harvard Business School MBA 2010, Harvard Kennedy School MPA 2010
Founder, The Art of Applying
Admissions Consulting for MBA, MPP, Joint Degrees, and Fellowships
https://theartofapplying.com

Want free advice that actually works? Sign up for my weekly MBA, MPP, and JD newsletter here: https://theartofapplying.com/newsletter/

My clients have earned over $3.1 million in fellowships from Harvard and other top MBA, MPP, and JD programs since 2010.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members

by Personal MBA Coach » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:03 pm
If you are going for the Spring start, you should definitely focus on the essays at this point. 30 GMAT points won't make a big enough difference, but the quality of your three essays will. The essays are not terribly challenging, but they do require you to take the time to think as they are all very different with two of them being very open-ended. The trickiest one to answer is why you are a valuable member of a team and I have seen applicants not spend enough time on this one.

Good luck!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by kapil.nandwana » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:26 pm
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Kaneisha,CriticalSqaureMBA and Personal MBA coach. Yes, I am planning for spring 2015 admission.

I just got my official score and found out that I got 3.5 in AWA :(..bummer..I was hoping to get at least 4. Will this cause any trouble ? Should I still just focus on essays and not worry about GMAT score ?

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member
Followed by:52 members

by CriticalSquareMBA » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:21 pm
You're very welcome! Not the best of AWAs but it won't sink your chances. Especially if you can crank out some really impressive essays!
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!