Profile Evaluation: Top 5 B-schools USA MBA Finance

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hello,
Please evaluate my profile..!! Here are the details

1.) Work ExI have worked for 9 months at an Indian member firm of Ernst and Young as an audit intern and then shifted to a lesser known firm as an accounting, audit and taxation intern where i could get more experience. I have been there for 1.5 years now. I have been into audits, tax litigation matters as well as revenue authorities compliance sectors.
2.) GMAT -750 (V:42, Q:49, AWA: 5, IR:8)
3.) Done my graduation in commerce form the top rank college for commerce in India i.e Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi and got 79.2% marks. NO GPA system is followed here in India. majored in accounting, taxation and finance.
4.) I have represented India in a conference held in Colombo, Srilanka as a part of SAFA delegation. I have organized a mock stocks competition in college in which was a game involving investing virtual money into the stock market.
5.) I have been pursuing my Chartered Accountancy and have bagged an All India Rank-3 at the foundation level of CA and bagged the All India Rank -4 at the intermediate level of CA examinations. I am preparing for my finals right now.
6.) Post MBA i plan to start some business venture of my own which may range from consulting firm to opening up a restaurant chain. Entrepreneurship is on the cards.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:19 pm
I think you have a good shot if you can hone in on your Post MBA vision a bit more. It will make you look immature if you come across sounding like you will "figure it out as you go." Better to pick a path and write confidently about how you will succeed and leverage your past experience to get there. This is usually a good recipe for success in the application process. Let us know if we can help you pull things together.
Bryant Michaels

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by sahilagarwal » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:22 am
Hello Bryant..!!

Thanx for your reply..

Do you think cracking harvard, Wharton or Stanford with this profile would be possible..?

If yes, then i may think of how to proceed.

Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:59 am
No I don't see you being competititve at those schools with only a couple of years of work experience. If you come back after 4 years of WE and demonstrate leadership/promotions etc. you would have a much better shot.
Bryant Michaels

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options