Any suggestions for MBA with Social Impact??

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members

Any suggestions for MBA with Social Impact??

by slp12 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:58 am
Hi friends, I'm looking for a school with strong focus on social impact & social entrepreneurship. I'd like to pursue a career in the Non-profit sector & I could use some help in shortlisting the schools. Thanks!
Last edited by slp12 on Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by Dina@Fortuna » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:06 pm
Hello,
A few top schools that come to mind initially are:
Yale SOM
Columbia
Harvard
Duke Fuqua

This is definitely a short list but can help you get started. There are a number of other schools that focus on the non-profit sector (or for-profits that are committed to making positive contributions through social enterprise initiatives) so you can look beyond this list. If you're looking to apply to less competitive schools then think about where you'd like to be located after you complete your MBA since there are likely regionally-focused MBA programs with social enterprise/entrepreneurship strengths nearby. Hope this helps!
Thanks,
Dina
Dina Glasofer | Fortuna Admissions - a dream team of former Admissions Directors from the world's top business schools

Interested in a free 30-minute admissions consultation? Sign up on our website

by slp12 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:20 pm
Thanks for the great advice, Dina!

I definitely concur with the list provided by you as they align to my preliminary research. I'll go through them all to find a suitable one for me. Do you think it is a good idea to add,

1) SAID, Oxford
2) STANFORD,
3) KELLOGG SOM

Followed by:2 members

by Tracy726 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:17 am
I am also looking for programs that are specifically focused on social impact/non-profit. Net Impact puts out an annual guide that ranks these type of programs called Business as Unusual. I've been using this guide to help create my short list.

https://netimpact.org/sites/default/fil ... l-2013.pdf

by slp12 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:52 am
Wow! That's very helpful, Tracy! Thank you very much. Perhaps we can share our list of schools and interests :)