Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Profile Evaluation request!!

by rahulmathur9818 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:35 am
Hi,

-27 y/o Indian Male

-GMAT 710 (Q 81, V 88).....think I can improve this by 20-30 points atleast

-Graduated in 2008 from a business school in UK with a degree in accounting and finance. Topped my degree in year one. Ended up with an upper 2.1 degree.

-planned on working in UK itself in order to get some international work ex but had to move back to India because of my fathers death (3 weeks after final term). Had to take care of family affairs so moved back.

-working in the business development division of a firm with interests across hydropower, textiles and education. Have worked across all 3 sectors. Currently leading a team in implementing the expansion/diversification of the education vertical. The idea for diversification was my brainchild. I'm the youngest at the firm at a senior managerial role.

-short term goal is to make a transition to a top tier management consulting firm and work in new geographies (outside of India). Long term goal is to move back to India and start my own boutique consultancy.

-Extra curricular: work with one of the most prominent environmental NGO in the country. Having lost my father to blood cancer I have organized blood donation camps as its a cause near my heart. Redrafted and implemented the corporate social responsibility charter at the firm with a focus on sanitation for the poor and improving female financial literacy.

-Target schools- Insead, Kellogg, Booth, Darden, LBS, Cornell and Yale (please feel free to suggest any others)

Also should I apply to INSEAD for the Jan 2015 intake in R3 or wait for the next application cycle to begin at Insead?

Thanks for taking time out and helping people out here. Really appreciate it.

Regards