Difference between hard copy and the soft copy

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,

I am new to this forum and i have a ques :
Is there any difference between the soft copy available of OG and the hard copy?
I have OG11 SC and CR soft copies and i am looking for Other part of it i.e. RC, Quant etc.
So i would like to know the difference.
If there is no difference then i can take a printout and start studying from that only.

Thanks

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members
khushi_gmat wrote:Hi,

I am new to this forum and i have a ques :
Is there any difference between the soft copy available of OG and the hard copy?
I have OG11 SC and CR soft copies and i am looking for Other part of it i.e. RC, Quant etc.
So i would like to know the difference.
If there is no difference then i can take a printout and start studying from that only.

Thanks
SoftCopy of a book is actually a Scanned version of that book, you would see them on internet in 'pdf' format most of the times.
and let me tell you It is Illegal to scan and distribute/ share such copyrights material.

Some people find it easy to study with papers while some people like to sit in front of PC its your personal choice.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:694 members
GMAT Score:780

by Stacey Koprince » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:12 pm
Just have to echo: yes, the OG is not published officially in soft copy, so if you obtain a scanned copy, you are studying from a bootlegged or illegal copy. There's nothing to stop you from scanning your own hard copy of course - that's legal. But not purchasing a hard copy yourself and studying from a scan of someone else's hard copy is illegal.
Please note: I do not use the Private Messaging system! I will not see any PMs that you send to me!!

Stacey Koprince
GMAT Instructor
Director of Online Community
Manhattan GMAT

Contributor to Beat The GMAT!

Learn more about me