Profile Evaluation Indian /Female/ 29 / 8 years / 700 GMAT

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
My profile: Female / Indian / 29Yrs / 8 years work experience

1. GMAT : 700 (QA:48 -81 %, VA:37- 80% ,AWA-4.5).Wrote my GMAT in 2011.
2. Educational Background :
- B.E in Electronics and Communication Engineering from Anna University.(Ranked in Top 10 Universities in India) .
-86% (First class with distinction, Top 5% of the class)
- 94 % in 12th boards
- 94 % in 10th boards
3. Work Experience-
- 8 years in IT Industry ,currently working with DELL ,managing the Team of 15 for project delivery.
- Constantly ranked in top performers of the team.
- Received recognition and awards from client and also Employer. Currently having 4 awards from customer and 4 from the employer ,including the DELL CHAMPIONS AWARD (Awarded only to TOP 25%).
- International experience: total 1 year from client location in Newyork.
Was acting as a single point of contact for client and delivery lead for my offshore team of 5.
- I'm also a corporate trainer and have delivered multiple training sessions
4. Extracurricular: Average
- Have involved in EC only during schools. Classical singer, Dancer.
- Involved with company CSR activities where we visit orphanages, hospitals, etc and help them in several ways for a day.

5. MBA Target: General Management ,Operations (as i am in IT operations)
I am mainly targeting Asia-pac and European B-Schools. Below is my B-school list ,
1. NUS -Singapore
2. Nanyang
3. ESSEC
4. Warwick Business school
5. Cambridge
Dream schools: HEC ,ISB but given the GMAT score am not so sure about the chances!I am interested in changing my career from IT as such.

Query :
1.Would love to know the my chances in other B-Schools in Europe ,UK,Asia.
2.Though I belong to the minority group (Female) ,could my work experience is in IT detract my chances ?

Thanks a ton

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Mansie Dewan Consulting » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:01 am
Hi Vidhya,

In the MBA world, we're all treated the same! Don't tell yourself diferently.

Your choice of colleges is fine. As per the admissions criteria, you fit the bill but your applications will be the deciding factor. The way you portray yourself, your long term and short term goals, why they are important to you and how the said college will help you achieve your goals will cinch the deal for you.

You do have time on your hands, so if you feel you can increase your score by 30-40 points, I suggest you re-take the GMAT. And start detailing your life right from the undergraduate level in preparation for your applications.Good Luck and God Bless!!
Mansie Dewan

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Mansie Dewan Consulting » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:01 am
Hi Vidhya,

In the MBA world, we're all treated the same! Don't tell yourself diferently.

Your choice of colleges is fine. As per the admissions criteria, you fit the bill but your applications will be the deciding factor. The way you portray yourself, your long term and short term goals, why they are important to you and how the said college will help you achieve your goals will cinch the deal for you.

You do have time on your hands, so if you feel you can increase your score by 30-40 points, I suggest you re-take the GMAT. And start detailing your life right from the undergraduate level in preparation for your applications.Good Luck and God Bless!!
Mansie Dewan