About Australian MBA

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

About Australian MBA

by samtsang11 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:52 pm
Hello all,

I am planning to take a MBA program in 2009. I got my bachelor drgree in Hong Kong in Jun 2006. After consideration, I found that Australia Graduate School of Management (AGSM) UNSW seems quite good for me (since my brother is studying in Sydney too).

Did anyone have actual experience studying in AGSM, or any information about the actual study of the program?

I worked in bank for 1 year and worked for an IT firm for half year, now going to be a broker. I am wondering whether my working experience considered elagible?

I am going to study full time in Australia, but since I am an oversea candiate, would the requirement for me be higher than local?

Iread the ranking report in Financial Times, AGSM's MBA program is ranked 49 in the world. I would like to know is that sounds good in the employer's mind?

Can anyone give me some advice about my application?

Sorry for raising so many questions :oops:
Best Regards,
Sam Tsang

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by jelt » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:49 pm
Hi Sam,

MBA programmes outside of the famous top 20 ones in the US, Insead and LBS are generally best pursued only if you intend to work in that country. An Australian employer would certainly have heard of USNW; those elsewhere may not. If you wish to work elsewhere, or if you are not sure if your future will continue to lie in Australia, pursuing a top-name MBA may be your best bet.

As for whether such work experience is eligible, you will want to consider your career progression at your office, how your work experience is tied up to your short and long term goals, and lastly whether the school itself considers you eligible (you'll probably have to contact them for this).

Good luck,
Jason

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by sampleresume » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:08 pm
Jason's insight is great.

by Magnus Fernandes » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:36 am
I am currently looking out for a well reputed university to do my MBA and a friend of mine suggested me about S P Jain GMBA program . And I am quite interested to pursue its tri-city model program. I was also told that students are responsible to apply for an Australian visa due to its migration process . So can someone please suggest what are the language tests that I have to give to obtain an Australian visa ?

by Ishitashah » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:31 am
I guess you have to give IELTS , TOEFL and Pearson Test of English. To get a beeter idea regarding this you can find out it in their website .
https://www.spjain.org/gmba/faqs.aspx