Please help with my profile evaluation.

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Please help with my profile evaluation.

by arrastra » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:20 am
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile and suggest some options where I can apply with this profile.

Work Experience: 4.3 yrs as an Associate Consultant in HCl technologies.
I have worked as a QA & Testing consultant on a SAP MRO product. My role can be summarized as responsible for functional Test Execution, Automation & QTP, Creation and execution of test cases and scenarios, Review and inventory of existing Test Scripts.
I am leaving this job soon and will try to switch to something more productive as I am not able to grow here anymore.

UG: B.Tech in ECE
with a GPA of 5.6 which is equivalent to 64% as per university guidelines.

extra curriculars:
I have been involved with my organizations community work.I love to sketch and paint. I also have a keen interest in various sports.

GMAT:
I have taken GMAT once and got a disspointed 580.I will be re taking the exam soon and am targeting a score of 700.

Please suggest how should I improve my profile and prepare for the process of getting an MBA

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:6 members

by MBAApply » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:11 pm
GMAT, GMAT, GMAT. It really comes down that at this point. If you're looking to get into a top 30 school (which is the range of schools that you'll be competitive for), you'll need a 660 at a bare minimum, and ideally a 700+.

Do whatever it takes to boost that score. Enroll in other GMAT prep classes, or hire a private tutor if need be.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by arrastra » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:34 pm
Thanks for your reply Alex.
I am preparing for gmat and am targeting 700+ but my concern is with my professional experience.
I have to leave this job as there are no further growth opportunities here and I am not benefiting from the quality of work I am doing. How should I justify this gap if i donot get a job after leaving this one?
Can u please suggest some certifications or internships that can benefit my profile and justify this gap?

Thanks!!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:12 members
GMAT Score:770

by GeneralEducation » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:58 am
Hi,

Your primary focus should be on GMAT preparation and you may also look at some professional certifications in SAP domain which will add value to your profile. B-schools are more interested in knowing whether you have taken any initiatives at work place, leadership qualities, team building skills, awards and achievements outside work place so focus on these aspects and try to maximize your involvement in all of them.

Regards,
Manish
www.general-ed.com
Try https://www.general-ed.com/bschool-selector
arrastra wrote:Hi,

Please evaluate my profile and suggest some options where I can apply with this profile.

Work Experience: 4.3 yrs as an Associate Consultant in HCl technologies.
I have worked as a QA & Testing consultant on a SAP MRO product. My role can be summarized as responsible for functional Test Execution, Automation & QTP, Creation and execution of test cases and scenarios, Review and inventory of existing Test Scripts.
I am leaving this job soon and will try to switch to something more productive as I am not able to grow here anymore.

UG: B.Tech in ECE
with a GPA of 5.6 which is equivalent to 64% as per university guidelines.

extra curriculars:
I have been involved with my organizations community work.I love to sketch and paint. I also have a keen interest in various sports.

GMAT:
I have taken GMAT once and got a disspointed 580.I will be re taking the exam soon and am targeting a score of 700.

Please suggest how should I improve my profile and prepare for the process of getting an MBA

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by MBA_Geet » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:26 am
Hi Alex

I have 12+years of experience in IT/Business Process Consulting ( worked in 2 countries India and USA) and aspiring for 1 year MBA.

My GMAT score is 650 ( Q41,V38)

I hope this not so good score can be balanced with my B.E (Engineering in Computer Science) - GPA: 3.7 and MBA-GPA:3.7 and leadership roles i play

Do i stand a chance with below programs
1. MIT-Sloan fellows MSx 1 year program or
2. Johnson Cornell's 1 year MBA
3. LBS's sloan program in leadership
4. INSEAD's exec MBA program

Your inputs please