Sports MBA Programs

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Sports MBA Programs

by BrickThrower » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:32 pm
Does anyone know which colleges have the strongest MBA's in Sports Management. I'm aware of Arizona States, UNC Charlotte, and Ohio State; as well as a few in Europe. Also, is anyone familiar with the standards for admission that these schools are looking for? I notice that most of these Sports Management MBA programs are filled with students who have at least 3-4 years of full time work experience. Is it difficult for someone coming straight out of college to make such a specialized program? Thanks in advance.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members
GMAT Score:750+

by VP_MBA_Guru » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:21 pm
Hi Brick,

I dont know too much about Sports Management Programs, but another way to look at finding out which schools have the best programs is figure out what companies you want to work for and where they recruit.

My guess is most MBAs in sports management come from top MBA programs who worked in a different field (M&E, Consulting) and networked their way into that position. In that case, I would argue go to the best MBA program you can get into / or one that specalises in Media and Entertainment -which is probably the closest thing.

UCLA, NYU, Columbia, USC, Wharton all have great M&E programs/networks.

Regards,

NP
Nikhil P. | Admissions Consultant | Veritas Prep

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by iamjoesargent » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:44 pm
I know that the University of Central Florida has a pretty good program. It's run by the same family that owns the Orlando Magic I believe.