Correct Info

Let's talk about...whatever!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Correct Info

by sarath26 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:12 am
Recently I and my friend were arguing about the Pearsons/GMAT examination security. I was arguing that the cameras setup in the center is mainly for gmat to play as a big brother and watch directly from their "Command Centre" and my friend were under the impression that it was mainly monitored by the each individual examination centres, similar to the security cameras in a retail store or else where.

His argument was mainly based on the fact that gmat cannot monitor thousands of its examination centres carrying out examination 8-10hrs per day even though they can have a monitoring centre for toronto or ontario or even canada per say.

My argument was mainly that to an extend i agree they cannot monitor each and every centre but they wouldn’t blind fold trust these centres for any mal practice, may be each week there are some representative monitoring these cameras (but trust me I find it even hard to believe now!)

any suggestions or any one have any first hand info on this?

Legendary Member

by Neo2000 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:43 pm
LOL! if i remember correctly(this is what the guy at the center told me and i dont know if he wasnt yanking my chain) its monitored at the center and recordings are made at the place. These files are periodically sent to the GMAC who randomly check the videos. More often than not, any malpractice at a center will often be reported by the student themselves.

You should remember that over 200,000 students took the GMAT last year, and you never know how many students are taking the GMAT at any given point of time. Some centres also double up for the Medical Entrance so there's no way the GMAC is doing the "Big Brother" thing.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by sarath26 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:49 am
well said..i guess i lost in this one with my friend!