100%
No votes
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 1

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Analysis of an Issue - lasting Success

by barron » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:35 am
“No one can possibly achieve any real and lasting success or ‘get rich’ in business by conforming to conventional practices or ways of thinking.”
Discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the opinion stated above. Support your views with reasons and/or examples from your own experience, observations, or reading.

I strongly agree with the argument that no one can ahieve real and lasting success in business by conforming to conventional practices.

Throughout the history, people have succeeded in business and made a lasting impression by following a non conventional path. Those who get stuck to their conventional view without any improvements has been gradually phased out. One of the classic examples of this phenomena is the 'ambassador' car company of India.
They introduced their trademark car, 'ambassador', some 40 years back. Since then, the improvements in the car has been negligible when compared to the strides made by later car companies.Now, ambassador is in loss after almost decades of success just because it didn't try to innovate.

A business which is run in a non conventional way not only makes it a success in the long run but also motivates its employees. The employees will be of the view that theya are working in a unique environment. Take the case of Google. The company made a revolution in the business world by its rapid rice within a decade. The employees of google take pride in this fact and they are also renowed for the personal work on behalf of the company to accomplish new accomplishments like Orkut.

In conclusion, I strongly agree with the idea of non conventional thinking and practices. The benefits are many, both directly nad indirectly and most of the followers of this philosophy are already renowed as pioneers in their field.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by simplypravs » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:54 am
Hello everybody,

Am new to the forum.I am writing my essay below. kindlyrate it and let me know your comments about the same.

I strongly agree with the statement that the conventional methods ould not help in the success of a business over a long run.Actually Business is all about innovation.Innovation comes in many forms here - Marketing, Production,Advertisement,Quality Assurance etc.

First and foremost adopting innovative measures is the key to success in any kind of industry.Companies compete against one another to prove their superiority over each other.But a company can claim its position in the market only wrt the quality products it delivers which have much better value over the "already existing" or "previous" models.Now to beat the existing models the company has to come with something which shows the result of innovation in its labs.Also the product should be in line with the current trends and should be a value added one too.For example take the example of Mobile Hand sets.The first mobile which had come into the market had the size of a Walkie-Talkie.But now with the improvement in the technology and the adoption of innovative techniques the size of the mobile handsets have become drastically smaller and also offer better services than the previous models.Given an option people always prefer the latest model over the older ones.This directly shows the adoption of innovatve technology in todays world.Now several companies produce various competing models which introduce a new feature everytime they get launched into the market which earns them crores of rupees.Had they stuck to the tradtional hand sets following the same old practices they would have never made so much of money.

As another example i would like to take the case of a computer.Imagine the very first computer which was almost the size of a big room and which used to dissipate lots of heat.Because of the improvement in the information technology and the innovation in the design, we now have computers which are as small as our own palm.Timely reaction to the demand and the adoption of Innovative techniques have enabled majority of the Computer manufacturers earn millions of dollars.This would have never been the case if they had not followed the changes demanded by the modern world.

Hence i strongly recommend the adoption of practices which are different from the traditional conventional practices which lead to the prosperity of the business.They bring not just money to the Entrepreneurs but also make life easier for most of the people.