HAIKU CONTEST - 2 Precision Essay MBA Bootcamp Prizes

Launched August 9, 2011
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:60 members
EDIT ON MARCH 2: THIS CONTEST IS CLOSED DUE TO LOW SUBMISSIONS - I WILL UPDATE WITH HOW WE PLAN TO DISTRIBUTE PRIZES LATER NEXT WEEK

Hello Everyone,

I am happy to say that Precision Essay is giving away TWO slots to their rigorous MBA Bootcamp to our Beat The GMAT members! In order to help us decide which two (2) members should receive this prize, we are launching a HAIKU contest! Here are the logistics:

1. Respond to this thread with your HAIKU: Starting now until 12pm PST on Monday, March 5, respond to this thread with a HAIKU answering the question "why an MBA?"

2. Submission deadline is Monday, March 5 at 12pm PST: On Monday, March 5, I will review all responses and decide who the 2 winners will be!

Prize Description
The course is a 5-hour, 3-day bootcamp, covering every step of your MBA application journey. From outlining a plan of attack to essay and resume writing, PE's Bootcamp covers everything!

Learn more about the Bootcamp here: https://precisionessay.com/webinars/bootcamp/

What is a HAIKU?
A haiku is a Japanese poem made of 17 syllables and 3 lines - 5/7/5 - learn more here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haiku

Bea's Example:

"You want fries with that?" (5 syllables)
After MBA Classes... (7 syllables)
"Bring me my coffee." (5 syllables)

There's NO wrong answer - so submit your HAIKU and you can be a winner!!

Best,
Bea[/b]
Last edited by bea@beatthegmat on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
Beatrice Kim
Beat The GMAT

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by sunnytexas » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:55 pm
How's this?

Dead end job - no money.
Classes, networking, new skills.
Bright future ahead.

by bea@beatthegmat » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:04 pm
That's a good one sunnytexas! Thanks for your submission, we'll let winners know on Monday, March 5!
Beatrice Kim
Beat The GMAT

Followed by:2 members

by AbhiJ » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:37 am
Miss the smell of books,
the hall wings and the late night chats.
The opportunity to redeem myself.

by bea@beatthegmat » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:48 am
Hi AbhiJ,

Thanks so much for your submission - however, due to low response rate we are closing down this contest and will not distributing prizes for this contest.

Also, I appreciate your poem and love the story you create. However, for your reference, a haiku is a Japanese poem that is made up of 3 lines - 5 syllables in the first line, 7 syllables in the second line, and 5 syllables in the 3rd line. In your submission, you have 5 syllables, 8 syllables, and then 11 syllables.

I realize a Haiku is not well-known globally, so I apologize for any confusion! Please stay tuned for an update on how we plan to distribute these bootcamp prizes.

All the Best,
Bea
Beatrice Kim
Beat The GMAT

• Page 1 of 1