Difference between the score submitted by ETS & myself

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
GMAT Score:580
Hello Veritas Guys,

I planned to give my GMAT around the end of July or starting of August. Through research I come to know we are required to choose 5 schools before giving the GMAT. Now for this I am searching right schools for myself. I searched a lot but I am unable to find a critical information:-

Q1: What is difference between score submitted by ETS or self?
Q2: The schools that we initially select before giving the GMAT, do we need to resubmit the application fees again to these schools or just require to submit the application along with other necessary documents?

Any other valuable information you would like to add regarding admission procedure or selecting any school is warmly welcomed.

TIA

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members
GMAT Score:750+

by VP_MBA_Guru » Sun May 11, 2008 9:27 am
Hi TIA,

Thanks for your post. To you questions:

1 - Schools require official notification from ETS. They will not accept your scores any other way.

2 - Yes, if you selected a school prior to the GMAT, then you do not need to pay extra to send the score to the school. The score will go to the school automatically.

Check out the following information from mba.com
https://www.mba.com/mba/FAQ/HowdoIsendmyscores.htm

You have two opportunities to send your GMAT® scores to schools: when you take the GMAT® exam and after you take it.

On the day you take the GMAT® exam, before you start the test, you may request that your scores be sent to as many as five programs, at no cost. If you choose to send your scores at that time, you will be asked to select the names of the programs you wish to receive your scores. Keep in mind that some schools have multiple programs, so be careful to choose the correct one. Once you have finalized your selection, you will not be able to change or delete the schools you have selected.

If after you take the GMAT® exam you choose to send your scores to programs, or if you would like to send your scores to more than five programs, you can send an Additional Score Report (ASR). If you wish to use a credit card to pay for the service, you may order an ASR from our Web site. If you wish to pay by check, you must mail or fax a form. The form is available either online or in the GMAT Information Bulletin. When you send an ASR, you will receive a confirmation score report by mail, listing the additional programs to which you sent scores. The cost of an ASR is US$28.00 for each program to which you send scores.

Hope that helps,

NP
Nikhil P. | Admissions Consultant | Veritas Prep

Legendary Member

by codesnooker » Sun May 11, 2008 10:38 pm
Hello Nikhil,

Thanks for your reply. I am sorry but I still have one confusion. Do you mean that the schools that I have selected before giving the GMAT. I need not to pay the application fees (around $250 per school) to the respective selected school or only the score submission facility is free from ETS and we need to pay the application fees?

I guess later is correct.

BTW (By the way) TIA mean Thanks in Advance. :D

Looking for your reply...

CodeSnooker

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:614 members
GMAT Score:800

by Stuart@KaplanGMAT » Mon May 12, 2008 10:27 am
codesnooker wrote:Hello Nikhil,

Thanks for your reply. I am sorry but I still have one confusion. Do you mean that the schools that I have selected before giving the GMAT. I need not to pay the application fees (around $250 per school) to the respective selected school or only the score submission facility is free from ETS and we need to pay the application fees?

I guess later is correct.

BTW (By the way) TIA mean Thanks in Advance. :D

Looking for your reply...

CodeSnooker
Hi Looking for your reply (I joke, I joke!),

selecting the 5 schools for GMAT reports before you start the test ONLY saves you the cost of sending score reports and has nothing to do with application fees.

If you want to send GMAT reports to more than 5 schools, or if you don't use the 5 free ones that you get on the day of the test, there's an additional charge for GMAT score reports, which you order through the GMAT web site.

Stuart Kovinsky | Kaplan GMAT Faculty | Toronto

Kaplan Exclusive: The Official Test Day Experience | Ready to Take a Free Practice Test? | Kaplan/Beat the GMAT Member Discount
BTG100 for $100 off a full course

Legendary Member

by codesnooker » Mon May 12, 2008 10:45 am
Thanks Stuart!!!

So ETS printing dollors from both sides.... lol :D