where to send GMAT results

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

where to send GMAT results

by Vitali » Fri May 26, 2006 12:04 pm
[Note: I also posted this on gmatclub, but nobody seems to have a clue...]

Hi,

I have read that when you take the GMAT, you can name a few (five?)schools where you would like your GMAT results to be sent.

This is clear to somebody who is in the process of applying to an MBA. However, I don't plan to apply now - maybe in 2-3 years. I have the time to take the GMAT now, so I thought I'd get this done.

I have a very vague idea where I may be applying in 2-3 years - should I mention those schools as recepients for my score report?
What I see is going to happen, is that those schools are going to receive my score report, and will wonder "who's this guy anyway?" since they're not going to see my application coming...

Or should I instead just take the GMAT, and not ask that they send the score anyware? And then, when time comes, I request (for a fee!) that they send the results to the schools to which I will be applying...

Thanks for any advice!

Vitali

by Anna » Fri May 26, 2006 2:02 pm
Schools keep them on file so why not take advantage and send them now? I think they cost something like $25 each...

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Fri May 26, 2006 2:28 pm
Anna is correct. The school's keep them on file. You have nothing to lose sending out your scores at the time of your test.

Best of luck!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

by Vitali » Sat May 27, 2006 1:06 am
Anna and Eric, thank you for the tip. I will provide the names of the business schools during the exam!

Vitali