Full Ride to Haas! Thanks Beat the GMAT & Stacy Blackman

Congrats! Tell us how you did it
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
I am in at Haas with a full tuition scholarship! I was also accepted at Tuck but Cal’s offer was impossible to refuse. I was an active member of this forum during my GMAT prep days. I just wanted to thank the founders of this forum and also tell the members about my experience with Stacy Blackman Consulting.

Choosing weather to use a consultant and which one to use was a very difficult decision for me but I found a gem!!! My experience with Stacy Blackman Consulting was nothing short of spectacular. My consultant was not only supportive and insightful throughout the entire process, but she also took a genuine interest in getting to know me. I would not be where I am today with out my consultant. In addition helping me accomplish my goal of gaining admittance into a top MBA program, my consultant has helped me develop my career vision along with my writing skills. I wanted you all to know that the consulting fees were some of the best money I have ever spent. The services I received from SBC far surpassed my expectations.

Feel free to send me a message with any questions.
Giles

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by mbadrew » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:22 am
Congrats! I plan on applying to Haas as well. Can you please elaborate on the admission process. I'd like to know about the gmat score that qualified you, and also admission essay, work experience, interview etc.

thanks
Drew

Legendary Member
Followed by:1 members
Congratulations!!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:58 pm
Congrats, what an achievement! You'll love Berkeley.
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

by cgiles01 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:48 am
Thanks! My profile: M/25/730/4YR WE Investment Banking/Corporate Dev. I think Haas, along with many other schools, has a very holistic process, I met fellow admits with 650 and 780 GMATs. If I was in your shoes and applying to Haas again, I would be sure my XC's aligned with my passions and that my passions aligned with my career vision. Have a cohesive story and be sure to speak to how your career vision will not only aid your personal success, but also benefit society. Haas is huge on social impact stuff, but some basic web research should have uncovered that. Feel free to post any specific questions as well. Best of luck to all.
Giles

by parore26 » Sun May 11, 2008 11:08 am
WOW! Full ride to Haas is quite incredible. Best of Luck. I was strongly considering Stacy Blackman but their price tag is a bit on the expensive side compared with VeritasPrep and some of the other well known consulting firms. For ex. Veritas offers a comprehensive 3-school pacakage for $3900 while the same costs $5500 at SB. My primary goal in the next couple of weeks is to find out if the $1600 premium is worth the returns. Any assistance you can provide on this matter would be great. congratulations again!

p.s - Ofcourse if i won the BTG scholarship all this wouldn't matter much ;)

by chrisgiles01 » Tue May 13, 2008 7:53 am
I can not speak to the quality or value of Veritas Prep, but I can tell you that I had an amazing experience with SBC. My consultant was a Stanford MBA (I believe all SBC consultants have top tier MBAs). She listened to my story and then helped me develop a cohesive application based on my individual strengths and experiences. It was much more than essay editing. SBC’s services cover everything from overall application strategy to resume help to interview prep.

When I started the application process, my writing skills were fairly weak. By the end, I was recipient of a full scholarship based solely on an essay I had written. Obviously my opinion of SBC is quite high because of my outstanding results, but all consulting services are expensive and if you are considering the use of a consultant, pick one multiple success stories. I would be more than willing to chat with you if you are interested. Just send me an email and we can set something up.

Take care.

Legendary Member
Followed by:3 members

by netigen » Tue May 13, 2008 9:50 am
Chris,

How soon should one start the application process and when should one approach the consulting companies.

Some idea of an ideal timeline will be a great help.

AG

by chrisgiles01 » Tue May 13, 2008 11:55 am
My recommended timeline:

February - July of the Year prior to matriculation: GMAT!
June of the Year prior to matriculation: Start talking with consulting companies
August - November of the Year prior to matriculation: Round 1 applications/essays
November of the Year prior to matriculation – January of the matriculation year Round 2 applications/essays.

Avoid later rounds and relax before school starts!

Hope this helps, if you have any questions feel free to shoot me a personal email.

by parore26 » Tue May 13, 2008 3:17 pm
Thanks so much Chris. I'm going to send you an email this weekend once my scholarship application for BTG is done. Appreciate your help.

by chrisgiles01 » Tue May 27, 2008 7:10 am
I have received two email notices of personal messages but have not found any messages in my Beat the GMAT in-box. Did anyone send me a msg?

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Hi

by hs83 » Tue May 27, 2008 9:44 am
First of all, Many congrats to you and wishes for your new career endeavor.
I do not have a strong GMAT score but a strong desire to get into the top MBA program. My Undergrad degree is in Finance from Rutgers and GPA of 3.2. Also, three years of managerial experience at fortune 50 company. Considering that do you think that BCS or any other consultants can assist getting into a top MBA Program. Or should I stick with a more realistic goal?

Any insight will help.

Regards
HS

Hi Chris,

I just ran across your post. First of all, CONGRATS!! To be admitted to Haas alone must be a wonderful feeling, but to get a full ride there... all I can say is, "wow!"

I'll be applying this year to several schools as well (Haas is near the top of my list), and have a few quick questions for you.

1) How many of these full rides does Haas give each year?
2) Does Haas provide many other types of scholarships? How many students in each incoming class typically get some kind of merit/need-based scholarship?
3) I've got a tech background (product marketing) and am looking to move into CPG brand marketing upon completion of my MBA. I've led a few fund raisers, served as the campus recruiting manager for my company at my alma mater and currently act as the VP of Promotions/Public Relations for a local Young Professionals organization. Are these activities sufficient to meet Haas' stress on non-profit and community service background? I'm a little nervous because it seems like there are many fellow applications who have started NPO's or have taught in rural villages in China... lol.

Thanks, and congrats again!

Based on my background,

cgiles01 wrote:I am in at Haas with a full tuition scholarship! I was also accepted at Tuck but Cal’s offer was impossible to refuse. I was an active member of this forum during my GMAT prep days. I just wanted to thank the founders of this forum and also tell the members about my experience with Stacy Blackman Consulting.

Choosing weather to use a consultant and which one to use was a very difficult decision for me but I found a gem!!! My experience with Stacy Blackman Consulting was nothing short of spectacular. My consultant was not only supportive and insightful throughout the entire process, but she also took a genuine interest in getting to know me. I would not be where I am today with out my consultant. In addition helping me accomplish my goal of gaining admittance into a top MBA program, my consultant has helped me develop my career vision along with my writing skills. I wanted you all to know that the consulting fees were some of the best money I have ever spent. The services I received from SBC far surpassed my expectations.

Feel free to send me a message with any questions.

by Pinky » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:44 pm
Hi Chris,
I would like to chat with you as I need some tips for my essay. I am interested in applying to Haas weekend program.
Profile - GMAT - 690
Did MS in Chemical in US and I have 6 yrs of biotech experience. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.