Anyone applying to Masters of Science in Finance programs?

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Hey all,

I am an undergraduate applying to MBA programs, but as you know, there are very few spots at the top programs for straight through undergraduates.

As a contingency plan, I have decided to apply to the University of Alabama's Masters of Science in Finance program. It is a one year program. With this degree I could get a good job, work a few years, and then go back for my MBA if I so chose.

Is anyone else considering an MSF degree? If so, where do (or have you) applied?
rwrangler

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by jelt » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:11 am
Quite a few of my friends have gone to Princeton. I think LBS or LSE also has a programme.

MBA Admissions Consultant

by MBAPodcaster » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:27 pm
Here are some programs:

Olin School of Business at Washington University
Boston College’s Carroll School of Management
Texas A&M
Vanderbilt
George Washington University

Also, we did a show/podcast called "Getting an MBA vs. a Master's in Finance or Economics: Which Option is Right For You?"

One of the guests is from the London School of Economics. The show compares the different degrees and can be helpful for you in deciding what to do in the future.

I don't think I'm allowed to provide a link but if you check out our website, you can find it easily.

Good luck.
Janet
MBA Podcaster

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by mbadrew » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:54 am
Hello,

Here's a top rated San Francisco bayarea university that offers the MS in Finance which qualifies you for CFA and CFP licensue. The CFA and CFP allows you to work for investment companies and other areas of finance specialties.

Check it out: Golden Gate University

www.ggu.edu

thanks
D

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by rwrangler » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:58 pm
MBApodcaster,

I have listened to many of your episodes, including the one on MBA vs MSF and they are all very well done. A wealth of information.
rwrangler