My Toefl was not that good

You just Beat The TOEFL/IELTS/Cambridge/PTE!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

My Toefl was not that good

by niketa.purandare » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:10 am
HI folks,

I took my toefl today am quite depressed. I thought that the RC was tougher than the what I had practiced. Also, I was nervous for the first 5 mins and kept reading the same sentence over and over again. It was certainly not a happy beginning.
I was nervous throughout the test and was not sure of a single answer. I usually scored between 100 -105 on the prac tests. I dont know my scores yet I am biting my nails!
My only advice to all toefl test takers is that dont take your friends easily when they say that the toefl is a sitter. Well, I would not disagree that its an easy one but it demands a lot of concentration and requires you to be quick at the same time.
I really do not want to be judged on my English speaking writing listening and reading potential on the basis of this test. I know that I can do much better.

Any feedback friends?

Community Manager
Followed by:252 members

by papgust » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:12 pm
Very true.. I got carried away by my friends and did badly in my last attempt.
niketa.purandare wrote:I really do not want to be judged on my English speaking writing listening and reading potential on the basis of this test. I know that I can do much better.
I do agree on that too.. In reality, most people are judged by these scores when the scores do not reflect their abilities. But most universities evaluate you based on these scores. So, you can't do much about it.

Well.. just relax. No point in biting nails now. Test is over and prepare yourself mentally to accept any kind of score.
Download GMAT Math and CR questions with Solutions from Instructors and High-scorers:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/download-gma ... 59366.html

-----------

GO GREEN..! GO VEG..!

Daily Quote:
"Stop feeling sorry for the Butcher if you had to go Veg. The butcher can find another job but the poor animal cannot get back its life"

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by mekiran » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:39 am
oh my god!!,you just said what i have been thinking!!
i gave my TOEFL sometime back and after it all got over,i was thinking of the same sad fact that incase you go wrong that ONE-TIME,you get judged badly:(,no matter how good you are really.However,it helps if your teachers/faculty train you enough to deal with this shortcoming! My friend got in touch with Chopras,and she is definitely less stressed than me about Toefl .LOL

niketa.purandare wrote:HI folks,

I took my toefl today am quite depressed. I thought that the RC was tougher than the what I had practiced. Also, I was nervous for the first 5 mins and kept reading the same sentence over and over again. It was certainly not a happy beginning.
I was nervous throughout the test and was not sure of a single answer. I usually scored between 100 -105 on the prac tests. I dont know my scores yet I am biting my nails!
My only advice to all toefl test takers is that dont take your friends easily when they say that the toefl is a sitter. Well, I would not disagree that its an easy one but it demands a lot of concentration and requires you to be quick at the same time.
I really do not want to be judged on my English speaking writing listening and reading potential on the basis of this test. I know that I can do much better.

Any feedback friends?

Legendary Member
Followed by:10 members

by Night reader » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:42 pm
Get hold of kaplan's cd for ibt-toefl and read the strategies - that's it. You don't need too much practice as long as you are fluent in English. As per reading in toefl - it's pure sport unlike GMAT's RC part. The more you get concentrated on text and save time for answers the better off you are. The only part I hate about toefl is speaking :)
niketa.purandare wrote:HI folks,

Any feedback friends?
My knowledge frontiers came to evolve the GMATPill's methods - the credited study means to boost the Verbal competence. I really like their videos, especially for RC, CR and SC. You do check their study methods at https://www.gmatpill.com