Geometry is killing me !!!!

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Geometry is killing me !!!!

by Mr Ahmad » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:41 am
Hi all,

I am taking the GMAT next week.

I am using the official guide GMAT review (11th edition). I've answered a lot of questions correctly except for geometry which is killing me.
Is geometry heavily tested on both of math and DS sections? I hope it is NOT !!!!

Wish me luck, please

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by hudsn » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:20 pm
I am in the same boat. I generally do well in math but cant seem to get gemetry and I consisently get them wrong. I bought the MGMAT book on it but it wasnt too helpful

any advice...

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:17 pm
After arithmetic and algebra, geometry is probably the third most tested concept in GMAT quant. The good news though is that the GMAT consistently tests a limited set of geometry problems.

Practice and analysis is the key to getting better. Have you done any analysis on the questions you've gotten wrong and tried to pick up on patterns of question types that always mess you up? If you need to review some of the basics, you might be well served getting the Kaplan GMAT Math Workbook. This should give you a fairly good grounding on concepts.

Otherwise, please let us know what kinds of problems you keep getting wrong with geometry. Post your questions here and we'll try to help!

Best of luck!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

geometry

by GMATDUD » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:51 pm
Any place where the range of geometry questions are posted?

I find that once in the 700+ range , most test softwares, give you questions that tests concepts that dont line up with OG (Keeping in mind OG has the range covered).

Any thoughts , advice?

by hudsn » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:15 am
glad I am not the only one. I am pretty strong math wise except for geometry is my achillies heel

by hudsn » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:20 am
I also have the MGMAT book on thistopic and while I generally found there guides to be great I cant say that there geometry book is easy to understand

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
GMAT Score:680

by II » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:40 pm
Guys .... what is it about geometry that scares you?
I have been intensively covering Geometry over the past 2 days. Covering:
Polygons (Triangles (Equilaterals, Isoceles, Right Triangles (3:4:5; 1:1:sq2; 1:sq3:2), Pythagorean Theorem, calculating areas of triangles), Quadrilaterals (Parallelogram, Rhombus, Square, Rectangle), Pentagon, Hexagons), Circles, Solids/Volumes (Cuboids/Cylinders), and Coordinate Geometry

I also completed the practice questions from www.prepfortests.com/gmat/practicequestions/geometry