GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

MGMAT Bootcamp

by beatthegmat » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:01 pm
Oops! I accidentally deleted this post from Kim. Here it is again:

-----------------

Hello Huey,

The Manhattan GMAT Boot Camp is quite an under-taking; I honor you for your interest in it, as this program is as intensive as is possible. Remembering that it's based on our philosophy of content knowledge married to test mastery, you must personally understand your own strengths and weaknesses in order to succeed in it.

That said, our Boot camp students, on average, report scores at the same level as that of our student population at large. Statistically, that means that of the few dozen people who endeavor to take the GMAT so soon after completing a Boot Camp program, more than half score above a 700.

I urge you to ignore this information, however, as it completely depends on the person. You did not mention in your post what your official GMAT score was last month...this information would be an interesting piece of the puzzle.

In addition, if the tests supplied by Princeton Review consistute the entirety of your preparation, I'd summize that you are in no way a candidate for our accelerated program - it's simply not designed as a prep program for those who didn't take adequate time or adequate measure to prepare in advance of application deadlines.

I hope that helps, and please let me know if you have any other questions.
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Manhattan GMAT Bootcamp

by Huey » Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:48 am
Kim,

Thanks for your response. When I took my test on 19 OCT for the first time, I had studied for approx 1 month as best as I could while in Iraq and then for another month after I just returned home and was dealing with family etc. My first attempt was a dismal 560 and a 6.0 on the AWA...but I really feel that the 560 was not representative as I am sure you've heard before.

Anyhow, I have since completed the OG 11 and have done a lot more preparation. I am curious as to what qualify's a person to be ready to attend the "bootcamp" session. If I were to sign up for the course my intent would be to take two weeks off of work and devote all my time to the course and instruction...and my expection would be to break the 700 mark.

As you mentioned, if I am not a likely candidate for the course can you recommend another course...like maybe Veritas, I believe they have a 7 day intensive course?

Thanks for your input.