Request help

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Request help

by joeyrulz » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:22 am
Hi,
I am planning to apply for MBA at few of the top 10 universities. My background is as follows:

1. Schooling from India - Top student, olympiad winner in A levels on national levels. Scholarship holder

2. University from Singapore on government scholarship. Strong ECAs. Did a start up also. Low GPA partly because of poor health and partly I wasnt interested in the course. I studied Comp engineering and grades ranged from distinctions and A's to D,C's

3. Internship in Singapore at a top IB bank and selected for MA program of a commercial bank

4. Working outside Singapore in Europe now - promoted. Received performance commendation at work also

5. Strong letters of recommendation from diverse set of people

6. GMAT 690 - Quant 50, Verbal 33, AWA 5. Gave the exam once with less than a week for preparation

7. Strong ECAs currently as well. Currently on the board of directors for a charity including my full time job

8. cleared my organization's internal banking exams and also cleared CFA upto level 2

Grateful if anyone can comment on chances to get in the likes of Harvard/ Columbia/NYU?

Warm regards,

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:6 members

by Scottie@VeritasPrep » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:44 pm
Your international experience, ECAs, and strong professional track record are all strong components of your profile. However, your low GPA (not sure what it is) and your GMAT scores will make it difficult for your to get into your target schools. Your GMAT score is towards the low end of the range given for the latest class profiles. If your GPA is also on the low end of the range then you should consider retaking the GMAT to strengthen that area of your application. You will also need an extremely well written app that clearly communicates why you have chosen your target programs and how they fit into your future goals. You should also be able to clearly demonstrate what you can contribute to an MBA program.
Scottie Winslow | Admissions Consultant |
Veritas Prep

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options