LCD displays

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

LCD displays

by paridhi » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:39 am
Hi,

Can someone please help me with this question.
Attachments
In the past decade.doc
(41.5 KiB) Downloaded 80 times

Legendary Member
Followed by:5 members

by pradeepkaushal9518 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:26 am
hi paridhi

The amount of power required to untwist the crystals to display images, even dark ones, is much lower than that required for analogous processes using other technologies, such as plasma.

this part of passage clearly tells that the energy required to untwist the crystals to display, even dark ones means dark ones require maximum power. so "a filmed scene set inside a cave with minimal lighting" requires maximum power to display

i hope this helps

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:380

by lordspace » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:29 pm
nice one!

I totally eliminated E as answer but it turned out to be a mistake.

by paridhi » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:39 pm
:!: thanks pradeepkaushal9518...the same explanation is given in the test explanation.

But the sentence says The amount of power required to untwist the crystals to display images, even dark ones, is much lower than that required for analogous processes using other technologies, such as plasma - talks about power consumption in comparison to used by other technologies.

The question however asks LCD monitor would utilize the most electrical power when displaying

Can you please explain. I am sorry if I am being too dense here :(

Legendary Member

by pradeepkaushal9518 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:20 am
i hope u are not from engineering back ground.

But the sentence says The amount of power required to untwist the crystals to display images, even dark ones, is much lower than that required for analogous processes using other technologies, such as plasma

the above sentence says that LCD display consumes less energy than the plasma. is is clear to u?

The amount of power required to untwist the crystals to display images, even dark ones, means
dark one requires the amount of energy which is highest in LCD is even less than the amount of energy that required for normal plasma. this leads to requirement of highest energy for "a filmed scene set inside a cave with minimal lighting"

so LCD requires less energy than Plasma.

i hope this make u LCD CLEAR

PARIDHI THE PARCTICAL EXAMPLE IS THAT IN MARKET NOW U WONT FIND PLASMA TVS ALL ARE REPLACED BY LCD AS LCD CONSUMES LESS ENERGY

by paridhi » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:39 am
pradeepkaushal9518 wrote:i hope u are not from engineering back ground.

But the sentence says The amount of power required to untwist the crystals to display images, even dark ones, is much lower than that required for analogous processes using other technologies, such as plasma

the above sentence says that LCD display consumes less energy than the plasma. is is clear to u?

The amount of power required to untwist the crystals to display images, even dark ones, means
dark one requires the amount of energy which is highest in LCD is even less than the amount of energy that required for normal plasma. this leads to requirement of highest energy for "a filmed scene set inside a cave with minimal lighting"

so LCD requires less energy than Plasma.

i hope this make u LCD CLEAR

PARIDHI THE PARCTICAL EXAMPLE IS THAT IN MARKET NOW U WONT FIND PLASMA TVS ALL ARE REPLACED BY LCD AS LCD CONSUMES LESS ENERGY
Thanks.Got it!! Like i said "I am being too dense here".

by paridhi » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:40 am
pradeepkaushal9518 wrote:i hope u are not from engineering back ground.
BTW why this??

Legendary Member

by pradeepkaushal9518 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:58 am
plz dont take in other way. generally non engineering back ground people having problems in understand engineering languages like energy,power consumptions etc.