How to identify the right MBA Admission Consultant

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Just completed the Gmat and got 710.
Am 34 years old with 12 exp as senior manager in an Indian IT company. Trying to find the right mba consultant to help me with my application (only a very strong person can help me get in at this age :-( )

How do I find the right person? Everyone in craigslist and other websites say the same thing, "we are the best", "we create strong application for you" etc.

Since it involves a lot of money, how do I know that I am spending the money on the right person. Please advice. I would prefer to do a one year course. Perhaps Insead or Columbia or Oxford or Cambridge etc.

First of all, is it even feasible to get in at this age. Or are my chances very low?

Aniket

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:1 members

by Monica Okrah » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:17 pm
Thanks for your question. I cannot really help you figure out how to find the right admissions consultant. Just do your research (just as you would do for an MBA program!) and hopefully you will find the best fit for you from both a personality and experience perspective.

Regarding your question about your chances at this age, while it is not impossible to get into business school at this age, I think that your age will be somewhat of a negative factor. You may want to consider Executive MBA programs as well.

Best of luck!
Monica Okrah, Senior Consultant
MBA Mission
646-485-8844

Blog: www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insider’s Guides: www.mbamission.com/store.php
Free Consultation: www.mbamission.com/consult.php