Sub Forum - PhD in Business and Management

Have suggestions to improve this community?
This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:2 members

Sub Forum - PhD in Business and Management

by ajith » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:24 am
What about that?

I am sure there will be a lot of people like me who needs help on doing a PhD. A new forum will help! We need to build it but, it certainly is a good thing to do, isn't it?
Always borrow money from a pessimist, he doesn't expect to be paid back.

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:34 members
GMAT Score:760

by Osirus@VeritasPrep » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:46 am
I don't know if this would be the right site for it, because I thought most of the top business schools required the GRE for their phd programs. I could be wrong though.

But if you're going to start a phd forum, could you also start a Masters in Financial engineering forum?
https://www.beatthegmat.com/the-retake-o ... 51414.html

Brandon Dorsey
GMAT Instructor
Veritas Prep

Buy any Veritas Prep book(s) and receive access to 5 Practice Cats for free! Learn More.

Legendary Member
Followed by:2 members

by ajith » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:53 am
osirus0830 wrote:I don't know if this would be the right site for it, because I thought most of the top business schools required the GRE for their phd programs. I could be wrong though.

But if you're going to start a phd forum, could you also start a Masters in Financial engineering forum?
Most of them accept both GRE and GMAT, except for MIT Sloan for Operations management (I know it because I did some research on it). I do not know about Masters in Financial Engineering but, why not?
Always borrow money from a pessimist, he doesn't expect to be paid back.

GMAT Instructor

by Osirus@VeritasPrep » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:57 am
ajith wrote:
osirus0830 wrote:I don't know if this would be the right site for it, because I thought most of the top business schools required the GRE for their phd programs. I could be wrong though.

Most of them accept both GRE and GMAT, except for MIT Sloan for Operations management (I know it because I did some research on it). I do not know about Masters in Financial Engineering but, why not?
I was asking about the financial engineering forum because that is what I'm interested in...lol

Brandon Dorsey
GMAT Instructor
Veritas Prep

Buy any Veritas Prep book(s) and receive access to 5 Practice Cats for free! Learn More.

Site Admin
Followed by:29 members

by DavidP » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:00 pm
Interesting ideas. Will discuss them with Eric! Ajith/Osirus, do you think that the PhD and Masters in Financial Engineering forums would get a lot of interest? I'm asking this question because I don't know much about these tracks.

GMAT Instructor

by Osirus@VeritasPrep » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:23 am
I doubt the financial engineering forum would be that popular right now. There are only 20,000 applicants per year for these programs.

Brandon Dorsey
GMAT Instructor
Veritas Prep