I think i am about to get dinged!!! Pls help me!

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
I have applied to a B school on October 12th and my application states it us under review from then till today. Before Jan 31st they say that all the applications will be reviewed and the decisions will be out! My concerns are growing because

1.A person I know has already been admitted. She has a better profile! Agreed! But she applied at least two weeks after I did!

2.Few ppl I know including the above person were interviewed. I have not been interviewed till now and I have not been given any date for an interview or anything like that. The people who were interviewed had profiles similar to mine!

3. For a few i spoke to, the college has sent their referees a mail asking them to confirm their inputs. My referees have not received any!

So wat do u think guys?? I think I am already out of contention! My decision should be out by Jan 31st!! Need some inputs from u guys!

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:9 members

by mbaMissionJessica » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:35 pm
Hi and thank you for your question.

I'm not really sure how I can help though; you'll find out a decision on Jan. 31. Most schools do not read in the order received, so your concern about timing may not be justified. I do agree that it is late in the process not to have received an interview invitation, although some schools do say that they release them until the decision day.

Please resist the temptation to compare yourself to other applicants. As well as you may know them, you simply do not know the overall pool of candidates and what the school is looking for as they seek to build a diverse class.

I know this is a tense time but there is simply nothing you can do right now but wait until the decision comes out. It's very hard to just sit and wait, I understand.

Good luck.
Jessica Shklar
Senior Consultant
mbaMission (www.mbamission.com)
646-485-8844

Sign up for a free consultation with mbaMission, the only admissions consulting firm that leading GMAT prep companies, ManhattanGMAT and Kaplan, recommend.
www.mbamission.com/consult.php