Application Volume

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:770

Application Volume

by comebackkid » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:19 pm
I understand the registrations and administrations of the GMAT are on par with last year's volume; however, I am interested in whether the volume of consulting business your industry is capturing follows the volume of the GMAT numbers.

In other words, from your perspective, do you expect application volume to increase, decrease, or remain the same in the 2009-10 admissions cycle relative to the 2008-09 admissions cycle?

Thank you for your time and attention.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:9 members

by mbaMissionJessica » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:40 pm
Hi - thanks for your question, although I don't think my answer will be very valuable. I really just can't say. Looking just on numbers it seems like things are about the same, but we represent a small subset of applicants so it's only one minor data point. Do we know if a heavy R1 for us indicates heavy volume or that more people are applying in R1, for example?

So I'm sorry I can't help - my best advice is simply not to worry about what you can't control and focus on making your application as strong as it can be!
Jessica Shklar
Senior Consultant
mbaMission (www.mbamission.com)
646-485-8844

Sign up for a free consultation with mbaMission, the only admissions consulting firm that leading GMAT prep companies, ManhattanGMAT and Kaplan, recommend.
www.mbamission.com/consult.php