Kaplan test 1 -630

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Kaplan test 1 -630

by abby_g » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:03 pm
Ok so here is my take on it :

Qauntative:

1) Problem soleving are a bit tough than the powerprep level, but with bit of practice one can take care of these. In fact, i completed with 12 minutes to spare.

2) I lost most of my marks on DS. They are the silent killers. These questions have some hidden possibilities which i need did not consider. Got 4 wrongs in it.

3) All my first 5 questions where dead right. Actually i sensed it as they got tougher in a span of first 15 questions.

4) These questions did not cover statistics, sequence and series, and probablity. Hence, i don't think quant section is tougher than powerprep or GMAT prep; i tend to loose more marks in these 3 topics.

Lesson learnt: concentrate on first 5 questions more and still need to practice 3 biggies: sequences & series, probability, and statistics.

Can anybody give me pointers to Statistics and sequences & series. I want to revise a bit before i get on with GMAT prep.

English section:

1) RCs are a silent killers. i got 40% accuracy in RC. You shouldn't get the questions wrong serially; if you do, you get low scoring questions after that disaster. Exactly same happened here. I got 4 RC questions wrong, and i got very easy CRs & SCs after that which though right, didn't fetch me good marks.

2) My CR has improved a lot. I tried all the approach suggested on this forum. They are fruitful. Especially the ones with "EXCEPT" clause.

Moral of the story: Need to go through some grammer notes, and revise OG RCs again while continuing with CR 1000.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:19 pm
abby_g:

Great analysis! I like the way you've broken down your test to identify your weaknesses.

Take a look at the GMAT Math forum--there are some helpful posts there that have some attached files that address the difficult GMAT math topics you are struggling with.

Best of luck!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school