Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation Request

by blindream » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:32 am
Male, 28, India with Entrepreneurial Experience

Education:
Bachelor of Engineering
State Level Univ., India (Average Rated)
Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Science & Engineering)
75/100

Community Service : Good
Extra C. : Good
LORs : Solid

GMAT (Expected): 690-720 (50Q, 35V)

Work Experience: 4 years in IT/Software (World's Top Notch Company)

Interview (Expected): Average (This is my weakest Area)

Target Schools:

Long Shot-
Chicago, Duke, Darden, Carnegie Mellon

In Range -
Yale, Marriott, Emory

Please evaluate my profile and comment on schools targeted if the list needs to be revised, any suggested additions or deletions and What are my chances to get into top 10-20 ranked schools?

I would also be interested to know more about the Interview weightage in the application process.

Please let me know if I can provide more information.

MBA Admissions Consultant

by erins » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:32 am
Hi -

It sounds like based on your projected GMAT, as well as what you indicated regarding academics, community service and LOR that you are in a good position. Your challenge will be to distinguish yourself from others in the applicant pool that share a similar demographic and professional background. Take a look at our blog entry on ways to avoid "over representing" your "over-representation."

https://www.mbamission.com/blog/2009/05/ ... sentation/

I would recommend applying to 1-2 schools from your stretch list in addition to those you listed as "in range" as taking a balanced approach to the process is important.

Regarding the interview...interviews are an important part of the application process as they provide an opportunity for the Admissions Committee to assess your fit, maturity, personality traits and overall enthusiasm about the MBA program. Are you who you say you are on paper?

I hope this helps.
Best,
Erin
Erin Schuhmacher, MBA
Senior Consultant

Our Mission is Your Mission

mbaMission

www.mbamission.com
646-485-8844

Read the mbaMission Guides (12 individual school titles)
Visit the mbaMission Blog
Follow mbaMission on Visit the mbaMission Twitter

MBA Admissions Consultant

by erins » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:32 am
Hi -

It sounds like based on your projected GMAT, as well as what you indicated regarding academics, community service and LOR that you are in a good position. Your challenge will be to distinguish yourself from others in the applicant pool that share a similar demographic and professional background. Take a look at our blog entry on ways to avoid "over representing" your "over-representation."

https://www.mbamission.com/blog/2009/05/ ... sentation/

I would recommend applying to 1-2 schools from your stretch list in addition to those you listed as "in range" as taking a balanced approach to the process is important.

Regarding the interview...interviews are an important part of the application process as they provide an opportunity for the Admissions Committee to assess your fit, maturity, personality traits and overall enthusiasm about the MBA program. Are you who you say you are on paper?

I hope this helps.
Best,
Erin
Erin Schuhmacher, MBA
Senior Consultant

Our Mission is Your Mission

mbaMission

www.mbamission.com
646-485-8844

Read the mbaMission Guides (12 individual school titles)
Visit the mbaMission Blog
Follow mbaMission on Visit the mbaMission Twitter