Please evaluate my profile: GMAT Score - 680

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:680
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile and share your straightforward opinion.

GMAT Score: 680 (Q48/V34/AWA5.5)
CGPA: 8.34/10. Guess it is approx. 3.0/4.0 when converted
Nationality: Indian
Work: IT Project Management Consultant, Working in UK for a US Based IT services company for the past 5 years.
Total Work experience: 7 Years (8 years when joining in 2010)

Target B-Schools:
ISB, India
SAID Business School, Oxford, UK
Judge Business School, Cambridge, UK
Cranfield Business School, UK

Also, are there any other UK & Europe based schools that would fit with my profile?
Do i need to re-take my GMAT and if yes, what score increase should i need to look at to get into top 5 UK & Europe B-Schools.

Thanks in advance for your valuable time spent in evaluating my profile.

Regards,
Ram

MBA Admissions Consultant

by erins » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:58 pm
Hi -

As a firm, we tend to have expertise in the top 25 US/EU two year programs, so I don't know that I can offer as much insight into some of the schools you mentioned.

With that said, a couple of things...if you have only taken the GMAT once, then we would probably recommend that you retake it. If nothing else, it shows to the AdCom that you are committed to going back to school. Further, a score of 700 with 80th percentile in math/verbal is the benchmark for success. Your undergraduate scores seem average so a strong GMAT will also help to mitigate that as well. With 8 years of work experience upon entering, I would take some time to look at programs that tend to favor "older" candidates. Also, you should focus on how you are different from others with a a professional background similar to your own.

Check out our blog posting on making sure you don't "Over Represent your Over Representation"

https://www.mbamission.com/blog/2009/05/ ... sentation/

I hope this helps.
Erin
Erin Schuhmacher, MBA
Senior Consultant

Our Mission is Your Mission

mbaMission

www.mbamission.com
646-485-8844

Read the mbaMission Guides (12 individual school titles)
Visit the mbaMission Blog
Follow mbaMission on Visit the mbaMission Twitter