LBS - Admission and Scholarships

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

LBS - Admission and Scholarships

by berlin2006 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:29 am
Hello everyone:

I would like to apply at the LBS for MBA 2010.

My Gmat score is a bit low, 650.

My background is competitive though, I worked as consultant in the corporate finance at KPMG Advisory for two years (both in Italy and Germany), and now I am a full time associate in a boutique private equity firm in London.
I currently speak 4 languages and have international work experience.

My question is.. How much does the GMAT really count @ LBS? average is 694.. Do you think I should re-take it?

If admitted, I will try to apply for a scholarship as well. Maybe one those for women in business.
Again... I would like to understand how much does the Gmat count to obtain one..

Thanks everyone for your help!

Ps. I will only apply at the LBS, so I am mainly interested in information regarding this school...

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:690

by jmitchell3 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:05 pm
berlin2006,

hello. I too am thinking of applying to LBS (either MBA of MiF). They have a "feeler" form available...basically you fill out the form and email it with your resume and an admissions rep looks at it and emails you back if they would be interested in seeing an application. I sent mine in last year with a gmat 660 (expired now, so I must retake), and they were "interested". not sure how much this process means, or if it is simply marketing. good luck to you!

jeremy
Jeremy M.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
GMAT Score:690

by vaibhav.iit2002 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:47 am
jmitchell3 wrote:berlin2006,

hello. I too am thinking of applying to LBS (either MBA of MiF). They have a "feeler" form available...basically you fill out the form and email it with your resume and an admissions rep looks at it and emails you back if they would be interested in seeing an application. I sent mine in last year with a gmat 660 (expired now, so I must retake), and they were "interested". not sure how much this process means, or if it is simply marketing. good luck to you!

jeremy
Hi,
Thanks 4 info.... i got 690 and dropped the idea to apply to LBS but now i think I can :)
Plz tell me wat exactly "feeler" form is?
Do i need to submit this while applying?