Admission worries!

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Admission worries!

by kbharadwaj.1987 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:44 pm
Hello Sir,
I have just graduated from my college. I have done my Engineering. I have a GPA of 2.5. I do not have any functional experience as I have just graduated. I'm giving my GMAT on September 10th 2009, and I would like to apply for the schools in the round 1. I can get strong essays and strong letters of recommendations. And also I have few extra curricular activities, which I would pin down on the application. Would that help me in getting into a school which is on top 100 list as mentioned by the Financial Times. I am not looking for top 10 or top 20. I would be elated if I get an admit from a school which ranks below 50. Could you provide me a rough estimate of any school which accepts people without any functional experience? And also would getting a higher score on the GMAT(720-750) help me in the acquiring weight age for my application? Please help me out with this query of mine.

MBA Admissions Consultant

by erins » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:40 pm
Hi -

Typically, for well regarded global business school programs, any spots reserved for students without professional experience are designed for those that can display exceptional undergraduate records, meaningful extracurriculars during college, a very strong GMAT and compelling personal stories. Perhaps a candidate has entrepreneurial experience during college as well...

In your case, based on the information you provided, it may make sense to obtain some professional work experience, even if just 1-2 years before applying.

Regards,
Erin
Erin Schuhmacher, MBA
Senior Consultant

Our Mission is Your Mission

mbaMission

www.mbamission.com
646-485-8844

Read the mbaMission Guides (12 individual school titles)
Visit the mbaMission Blog
Follow mbaMission on Visit the mbaMission Twitter