Is't Any possibility to enhance 360 to 650 in gmat

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,

Due to lack of guidance as well as prepartion,I did't give my gmat with full effort. Hence i got only 320 on first attempt; 360 on second attempt.

Now my question is..

Is't Any possibility to enhance 360 to 650 in gmat( if i work hard\smart) . Becuase one of my friend said there is no possibilty to get more than 600 becuase of my previous poor scores. And also,In my third attempt- Questions will raise according to my previous scores hence whatever you will give you will not enhance your score is't true.. is't any examples in history of gmat...

Cheers
Pr

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:81 members

by Stacey Oyler » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:31 am
Hi sarpraveen,

Thanks for your question. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't do well on the GMAT. It is a challenging exam that requires a lot of studying and preparation.

To answer your question, I would strongly encourage you to prepare and take the GMAT again. I suggest you enroll in a course in addition to the preparation you do at home. It is possible to raise your score, but it will require many hours and weeks or months of dedication and preparation.

Generally it is okay to take the exam 3 times, after that it could send a red flag to the adcom. My advice is study hard and take a lot of practice tests. Once you start to score 650 or higher on your practice test you should then set your test date.

Best of luck!

Stacey
Sign up for my MBA admissions course, featuring me and other Clear Admit experts, by visiting: https://www.udemy.com/business-school

Stacey Oyler
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]

Stay Informed with Clear Admit!
Read our Blog for daily MBA admissions tips and updates.
Follow us on Twitter for breaking b-school news.
Download our Publications on MBA programs and admissions strategy.
Visit our MBA Admissions Wiki to read and share application insights.