Profile Evaluation - Advice Needed

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:710

Profile Evaluation - Advice Needed

by mohit87 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:13 am
In order to give an initial assessment of one's chances of admittance to a particular set of schools, I would like to know the following:

- I have a 7.3 out of 10 GPA, BE Information Technology, Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal, Karnataka

- 710 GMAT - Quant 50 n English 35 n Essay 4.5 n i appearared on May 11th 2009

- Work Experience- I have a work experience of a few months but at the time of enrollment i would have a yr n more.

January – May 2009 Nucleus Software Exports Private Ltd, Noida
Intern

 Developed WTO Common Components. The components included an error logger, user authenticator and AT Connect server control panel.
 Responsibilities included coding, bug fixing, testing and documentation.

August 2009 EMC Corporation, Bangalore
Associate Software Engineer

- EXTRACORRICULAR ACTIVITIES

Core Committee Member, Tech – Tatva 08 a national level Technical Festival.
 Headed the creative, designing and technical workshops organization team.
 Responsible for organizing workshops catering to students from 13 disciplines
 Managed a huge sum of finances and other resources.
 Headed the team responsible for creating a paper free registration process, which improved the processing time from a few minutes to a few seconds.
 Was responsible for the design, production of souvenirs and other publicity material.

Core Committee Member, Tech – Tatva 07 a national level Technical Festival.

 Responsible for publicity department and sponosorships

General Secretary in Red X, a socio-adventure club in Manipal University

 Responsible for research of methods for increasing member base and spreading the club to different colleges in our university
 Organized various adventure sports events under the banner of Red X prior to this period.

Vice President, CITI Club, a technical club in Manipal University
 Responsible for managing and editing “LiteScribe”, a by-monthly journal.
 Also responsible for organizing regular events under the club banner for the benefit of the members and also getting new members

Member, AIESEC
 Responsible for a small scale publicity campaign to generate awareness and recruit new members.

I would like to know whether i will be eligible to apply for fall 2010 for a course in General Management. I dont have any international work ex but i am working in a US company so does that give me any credit. I have held a number of leadership positions during my college days, does it cover up for my lack of adequate work ex.

I am interested in applying to Georgia Tech, Cornell, Carlson school of management, Washington University, Boston University..

These were the schools which did not mention strict 2 yr work ex requirement.

Please advice
Attachments
Mohit_CV_New_Concise.doc
(42.5 KiB) Downloaded 47 times

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:81 members

by Stacey Oyler » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:00 am
Hi and thanks for your post. Please see my comments below:

- I have a 7.3 out of 10 GPA, BE Information Technology, Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal, Karnataka

- 710 GMAT - Quant 50 n English 35 n Essay 4.5 n i appearared on May 11th 2009

Academically speaking you are in good shape. Your GMAT score is right on par for the schools you are considering.

- Work Experience- I have a work experience of a few months but at the time of enrollment i would have a yr n more.

January – May 2009 Nucleus Software Exports Private Ltd, Noida
Intern
 Developed WTO Common Components. The components included an error logger, user authenticator and AT Connect server control panel.
 Responsibilities included coding, bug fixing, testing and documentation.

August 2009 EMC Corporation, Bangalore
Associate Software Engineer '

Though limited, your work exerience thus far appears to be solid for your first role after graduating college. It's important when you apply to business school to be able to demonstrate leadership and teamwork in your applications. I encourage you to seek out these opportunities in your workplace.

- EXTRACORRICULAR ACTIVITIES

Core Committee Member, Tech – Tatva 08 a national level Technical Festival.
 Headed the creative, designing and technical workshops organization team.
 Managed a huge sum of finances and other resources.
 Headed the team responsible for creating a paper free registration process, which improved the processing time from a few minutes to a few seconds.
 Was responsible for the design, production of souvenirs and other publicity material.

Core Committee Member, Tech – Tatva 07 a national level Technical Festival.

 Responsible for publicity department and sponosorships

General Secretary in Red X, a socio-adventure club in Manipal University

 Responsible for research of methods for increasing member base and spreading the club to different colleges in our university
 Organized various adventure sports events under the banner of Red X prior to this period.

Vice President, CITI Club, a technical club in Manipal University
 Responsible for managing and editing “LiteScribe”, a by-monthly journal.
 Also responsible for organizing regular events under the club banner for the benefit of the members and also getting new members

Member, AIESEC
 Responsible for a small scale publicity campaign to generate awareness and recruit new members.

It appears as though all of your extracurricular activities took place during your time in college, which given you recently graduated isn't all that surprising. However, I suggest that you seek out activities and find ways to get involved in organizations as soon as possible. Extracurricular activities are also a great way to gain leadership experience.

I would like to know whether i will be eligible to apply for fall 2010 for a course in General Management. I dont have any international work ex but i am working in a US company so does that give me any credit. I have held a number of leadership positions during my college days, does it cover up for my lack of adequate work ex.

I am interested in applying to Georgia Tech, Cornell, Carlson school of management, Washington University, Boston University..

I would need to know more about your reasons for seeking an MBA at this time in order to assess your profile. Can you share your short and long term goals?

Best,

Stacey
Sign up for my MBA admissions course, featuring me and other Clear Admit experts, by visiting: https://www.udemy.com/business-school

Stacey Oyler
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]

Stay Informed with Clear Admit!
Read our Blog for daily MBA admissions tips and updates.
Follow us on Twitter for breaking b-school news.
Download our Publications on MBA programs and admissions strategy.
Visit our MBA Admissions Wiki to read and share application insights.