Am I crazy?

Let's talk about...whatever!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Am I crazy?

by lazer613 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:54 am
I'm a new member (since yesterday) and I'm browsing through the posts and I see that people are already studying for the GMAT that they plan to take in 6-8 months.

I'm thinking: OMG, I'm taking it next Monday and have hardly studied! Maybe I should be taking this a biiiiiiit more seriously. Well, it's water under the bridge at this point. I'm registered to take the GMAT on Monday, July 16th and I just got OG11 last night. Took the diagnostic tests last night and this morning and scored in the excellent range in all areas except Reading Comp, where I was above avg.

I'm no genius, but I do test well. It's been a long time since I've taken a standardized test though. (SAT in 1979 (before you were born?): 680 math, 570 verbal. Good, but not great.) I'm in my mid 40s. Pretty crazy, huh? Going back to school after all these years. People take getting into B-school really seriously, and I suppose they should. It's an important step in one's career. My situation is just a bit different. An MBA is icing on the the cake for me, not an essential ingredient to my career. I want to do really well on the GMAT and get accepted to a good part-time (exec) school, but I can't agonize for months over it. Between work and home (teenagers!) I've got plenty to agonize about already. :D

Anyway, would appreciate any advise for last minute cramming and perfecting my score.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:21 am
You're certainly not crazy. The appropriate amount of prep time for the GMAT varies by the person, and some folks don't need that much study to do well on the test.

Check out the Resource Wiki, https://www.beatthegmat.com/wiki/. There are some resources there for cramming strategy. Best of luck!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:670

by ruzgar » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:18 am
Hello lazer613,

Welcome in our community.

So how did you perform on the GMAT? It was last week right?

I am studying LIKE CRAZY for 2 or 3 months. I keep records of all my works, I organised a very detailled planning by day, all of this because I really want to get a high grade on GMAT.
The problem also is that I am not from an english speaking country (France) so GMAT is harder.
Also I am working in the office during the day, and I am often in business trip. So not so much time to study.

Anyway, thanks for those who read me.

Best luck to all...