hbs 2+2 query

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

hbs 2+2 query

by madfame » Sun May 24, 2009 4:26 am
Hi

temme wat are the chances of the applicant with avg college result be 7.2/10 credits in my states top university and with around 90% in 10th and 12th exams.
Last edited by madfame on Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:17 members
GMAT Score:750

by Graham » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:32 am
Dear Madfame,

Thanks for your post about HBS 2+2!

You haven't really offered enough information for me to make a concrete assessment of your chances here, but I can say the following:

1) Strong academics are very important for HBS 2+2. This means you'll need a GMAT score that is higher than the average for students admitted to the regular HBS program. It also means that a 7.2/10 GPA may not be sufficient - of course, I'd need to know where you went to school in order to really help benchmark your grades. [Note: your high school marks will not likely play a major role in the adcom's decision.]

2) While many HBS 2+2 candidates haven't yet held full-time, year-round employment positions, the admissions team will closely scrutinize a number of areas to get a sense of your teamwork and leadership experiences to date:

-summer jobs
-part-time or full-time work while in school
-outside activities and hobbies (XCs) at college (sports, student government, the arts, professional clubs, community service clubs, etc)
-study/travel abroad

If I understand your post correctly, you claim to have had zero work experience. This is somewhat puzzling to me - since I'm curious to know how you spent your summers, vacation time, etc. In any case, if you have no work experience, you'd need to rely very heavily on the other items I've indicated above - which could be difficult. While being a black belt and winning a technical prize are certainly nice items to dicuss in your application, I'm not sure that those items alone could make for a strong candidacy (or be used to demonstrate leadership skill).

If you are considering an application to HBS 2+2 and would like to share more of your background with Clear Admit, please send your resume to [email protected] and sign up for a free 30-min session with one of our counselors.

Best of luck,

Graham
Graham Richmond
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]
215 568 2590

Stay Informed with Clear Admit!
Read our Blog for daily MBA admissions tips and updates.
Follow us on Twitter for breaking b-school news.
Download our Publications on MBA programs and admissions strategy.
Visit our MBA Admissions Wiki to read and share application insights.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

thanks..

by madfame » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:28 pm
thanks a lot graham in a new post i've given all the details bout me... It would be really helpfull if you can re evaluate my chances..