Please help me choose one b-school from these 3

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Hello freinds and experts,

Please suggest me one school out of the 3 schools, which have given me the admission for fall 2011. As there are no news of scholorship yet, so leaving aside the scholorship factor please help me finalize on 1 out of 3. The below are schools:

1. Case Western Reserve - Weatherhead school of Business, Cleveland, Ohio
2. University of San Diego - School of Business administration, San Diego, California
3. Pace University - Lubin School Of business, New York

Please advice to choose one, I am looking for an MBA with Entrpreneurship as major. I know these schools are not great enough but due to some personal reasons and my mind set i want to pursue for my MBA from fall 2011, so please suggest one considering the location of schools and their statistics and reputation.

Thanks
Anjani

by crackittnow » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:13 pm
Friends can anyone advise me, its very important to me as I need to take a call.

Legendary Member
Followed by:90 members

by Tani » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:46 pm
Congratulations! Those are very strong schools and you should be proud of your admissions record. THe choice between these schools should be yours. You will get a solid education at any one. Try writing down pros and cons for each: courses offered, location, cost, etc. Look into where their graduates end up working. Most schools publish data on post graduation jobs. See what firms interview on campus and compare that to your career goals. Due to location alone, these schools probably send their graduates to different companies. Look at the rankings to see the average graduating salaries for the schools. Check to see if there are student online blogs or chat rooms. Current students are often great sources to help candidates decide. Get a feel for the culture.

The good news is that you can't blow it. You have the luxury of choice between three fine schools.

Good luck,
Tani Wolff

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by bizschoolprep » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:01 pm
You want to be an entrepreneur, so check out what programs these schools offer for such career interest areas and take a call based on it. If you have particular companies in mind where you'd like to work after MBA, go to their websites and see from which of these schools they recruit in most numbers. It should also help you make your mind up.
-BizSchoolPrep, MBA Admissions Consultant
www.bizschoolprep.com , Know what makes us different!

by crackittnow » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:35 pm
Many thanks Tani and bizschoolprep, I was actually thinking to back out this year because I did not get some of my expected schools but now i hear from you, I feel comfortable to join this year. Agreed all of them impart quality education but depending upon the location which one is more recommendable.

Legendary Member

by Tani » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:08 pm
Location depends on where you want to work and live after graduation. Also, don't overlook employment opportunities. See what companies those schools feed to and determine which ones match your goals.

Good luck and have a great career!
Tani Wolff

by crackittnow » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:41 am
Thanks a Ton Tani, for your timely reply as always.

by crackittnow » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:40 am
Hi Tani,

You said that location dpends on where you want to live after your education --- Does that mean post MBA students can't get job in other states, for instance If I pursue my MBA from Case Western in Cleveland and I want to get a job in california, is it a difficult thing??

Please advice.

Thank You...

Legendary Member

by Tani » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:32 am
Again, look at the school's website and see where the graduates are working. People from any given school work all over the world, however, you are likely to have more business contacts in the area of your schools and a larger alumni network. Those factors often make it easier to get a job in the area from which your school draws most of it students.
Tani Wolff